A Very Peculiar People

Community for those living Kosher, Organic and Gluten-Free Lives!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Torti di pasta Recipe courtesy Giada De Laurentiis (Food Net

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
HadassahSukkot

Number of posts : 254
How long since diagnosed? : a long while now
Registration date : 2007-10-11

PostSubject: Torti di pasta Recipe courtesy Giada De Laurentiis (Food Net   Sun Dec 30, 2007 11:53 am

My mom emailed me this one and I just came across it again.

I think none of us should have any trouble with this considering we've all by this point found some GF Spaghetti noodles Smile I plan on trying this one soon since my DH loves pasta and loves cheese.

Food Network Link: http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,,FOOD_9936_26399,00.html
Torta di Pasta
Recipe courtesy Giada De Laurentiis
Show: Everyday Italian
Episode: Lavish Leftovers

8 ounces spaghetti
1/2 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained and chopped
4 large eggs
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
3/4 cup grated Parmesan
3/4 cup grated fontina (can be substituted with Gruyère, Emmental, Beaufort, Taleggio, Edam, or Gouda.)
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
1 tablespoon olive oil

Cook the spaghetti in a large pot of boiling salted water until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, about 8 minutes. Drain. Toss with the sun-dried tomatoes. Set aside to cool completely otherwise the hot pasta could curdle the eggs when you add them later on.

In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, salt, and pepper, Parmesan, and fontina to blend. Add the cooled spaghetti mixture; toss to coat.

Preheat the broiler. Melt the butter and oil in a 9 1/2-inch-diameter nonstick skillet over medium heat. Transfer the spaghetti mixture to the skillet, pressing to form an even layer. Cook until the bottom is golden brown, about 3 minutes. Transfer the skillet to the broiler. Broil until the top is golden brown, about 5 minutes. Cool in the skillet to room temperature.

Invert the torta onto a platter. Cut into wedges and serve at room temperature.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Torti di pasta Recipe courtesy Giada De Laurentiis (Food Net
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1