A Very Peculiar People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Very Peculiar People

Community for those living Kosher, Organic and Gluten-Free Lives!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Ice Cream Smoothie

Go down 
AuthorMessage
HadassahSukkot

HadassahSukkot

Number of posts : 254
How long since diagnosed? : a long while now
Registration date : 2007-10-11

Ice Cream Smoothie Empty
PostSubject: Ice Cream Smoothie   Ice Cream Smoothie EmptyWed Jan 30, 2008 10:25 am

OK, I make these so much I don't need a recipe anymore.. and each time I make them they're different. LOL

Today's consisted of:

1 tray of ice
Equal amounts of orange juice, pineapple juice and Sprite (I think it came to a cup and a half?)
Small amount of strawberry daquiri flavoring
1/2 cup of vanilla icecream

Toss ice into your blender. Add in drinks and then vanilla ice cream. Run this with the lid on (of course!) on the smoothie or 'ice' setting. When this is smooth, it will have the consistancy between a Wendy's Frostie and Burger King's Icee.

If it ceases mixing, add in more of your desired flavor (eg. orange juice) until you can get it to spin and break up the ice enough. This makes about a glass and a half of icecream smoothie.

I make these on days I don't feel much like eating and am too cold to really drink much.. I know, "too cold? but this is a cold drink!?"--- but I tend to do better sometimes with this to kick start my stomach.

If you like, when fruit is in season, for added nutritional value, toss in the fruit of your choice to enhance the smoothie. This will also change the texture, but add fibre to your drink. flower

I especially love these the closer we get to spring and summer, as I can add in in-season fruits and it's less a hassle to put together.
Back to top Go down

Ice Cream Smoothie
Page 1 of 1