A Very Peculiar People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Very Peculiar People

Community for those living Kosher, Organic and Gluten-Free Lives!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Announcement re: Martha Stewart

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
HadassahSukkot

HadassahSukkot

Number of posts : 254
How long since diagnosed? : a long while now
Registration date : 2007-10-11

Announcement re: Martha Stewart Empty
PostSubject: Announcement re: Martha Stewart   Announcement re: Martha Stewart EmptySat Feb 02, 2008 5:40 am

I got this email forwarded through the Birmingham Metro Celiac Group, and since we're only 2 hours from Atlanta, we're all in pretty close contact with the group leaders and coordinators from Atlanta's Metro group.

Martha Stewart has given several projects that she's letting readers decide which they'd like to see as a magazine, but we have to get out there and vote for it.

Check it out!

Quote :
Subject: Information on Celiac Disease - Atlanta Metro Celiacs
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2008 12:49:02 -0500

Two pieces of timely information regarding Celiac Disease are listed below:

VOTE for a Gluten Free Publication by Martha Stewart

* This information was pulled off of Listserv regarding a contest at Martha Stewart publication. By accessing the link below, you can vote for "The Big Idea" submitted by Alexis, Deputy Home Editor. She has suggested creating a special publication catering to those with food allergies and sensitivities that would include recipes. The details of her big idea is to publish a special magazine that offers delicious allergy-friendly recipes, making life for people with food allergies and sensitivities easier and more delicious. Millions of people, including myself, can't eat nuts, dairy, wheat or gluten, and I’d like to empower people to make great recipes even if they can't use all the standard ingredients.
* Please consider sending this to everyone on your distribution list. I believe voting ends on February 7th. It appears you can vote more than once.
* Here is the link: http://blogs1.marthastewart.com/martha/2008/01/the-big-idea.html

Submit Your Comments to the NIH on Digestive Diseases

This information was forwarded to my by the National Foundation for Celiac Awareness.

Dear Friends of NFCA,

A draft of the trans-NIH long-range plan on digestive diseases has recently been placed on the National Commission on Digestive Diseases (the Commission) website for public review and comment. We encourage all friends of NFCA to review the sections of the research plan that are of interest and provide science-based comments to the Commission using the email address provided on the website.

Draft of the trans-NIH long-range plan on digestive diseases:
www2.niddk.nih.gov/AboutNIDDK/CommitteesAndWorkingGroups/NCDD/

The Commission was chartered in July 2005 by Dr. Elias A. Zerhouni, Director, National Institutes of Health, and formed through public nominations. The Commission's mission was to conduct an overview of the state-of-the-science in the field and develop a digestive diseases research plan consistent with the research mission of NIH for submittal to the NIH Director and to Congress. The Commission's charter specifically calls for a science-based plan using the current NIH organizational structure, policies, and procedures. Thus, in preparing your comments, please note that the Commission's report will not include recommendations on the NIH peer review process, funding mechanisms, budgets, and other administrative issues.

The research plan is open for "public comment" for one month prior to its final approval by the Commission and publication in hard copy and on the website in 2008. This is your opportunity to have input into this important document that will help guide the direction of NIH-supported digestive disease research initiatives—and hopefully those of other research groups—for the next decade.

Best Regards,

National Foundation for Celiac Awareness
www.CeliacCentral.org

Jennifer D. Harris - Program Chair
Atlanta Metro Celiacs
www.atlantametroceliacs.org
Back to top Go down
Bete'avon!
Admin
Bete'avon!

Number of posts : 578
How long since diagnosed? : 4 years misdiagnosed 15 years
Vegitarian : Partial
Registration date : 2007-10-02

PostSubject: Re: Announcement re: Martha Stewart   Announcement re: Martha Stewart EmptyMon Feb 04, 2008 6:23 pm

I would love to see a GF mag, but from Martha Stewart?

What are the other choices?

I have been hoping the Food network would get on the ball and realize that they have an audience that can't cook most of their recipes and do something about it!

I wish Alton Brown was still making his Good eats, I'm sure he could come up with some things and would be great because he understands the science behind the ingredients.
Back to top Go down
https://verypeculiarpeople.forumotion.com
HadassahSukkot

HadassahSukkot

PostSubject: Re: Announcement re: Martha Stewart   Announcement re: Martha Stewart EmptyMon Feb 04, 2008 6:26 pm

LOL, I know the feeling !!

I wish that someone would give us something quality other than Living Without and the other two magazines that have hardly anything in them of quality... even if it were MS herself.. No

'And that's a good thing!'... Laughing
Back to top Go down
HadassahSukkot

HadassahSukkot

PostSubject: Re: Announcement re: Martha Stewart   Announcement re: Martha Stewart EmptyTue Mar 04, 2008 1:44 pm

Argh!!

Quote :
Hello,
Thank you for contacting Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia.
We appreciate your interest in the Martha Stewart Omnimedia family of publications.

As Martha stated on the program, though the "allergy-free" special issue was the popular winner, she felt that since many of our readers have pets, that this was a better fit for the organization at this time. This was supposed to a fun thing for fans.

We value your feedback. We have shared your message with the Martha Stewart Omnimedia editorial and advertising teams.
We have also forwarded your message to Martha Stewart.
Thank you once again for taking a moment to share your thoughts.
Sincerely,
MSLO Customer Relations
marthastewart.com
mslletters@marthastewart.com

Mad
Back to top Go down
Bete'avon!
Admin
Bete'avon!

Number of posts : 578
How long since diagnosed? : 4 years misdiagnosed 15 years
Vegitarian : Partial
Registration date : 2007-10-02

PostSubject: Re: Announcement re: Martha Stewart   Announcement re: Martha Stewart EmptyTue Mar 04, 2008 4:07 pm

dogs over people??? Figures,

Martha didn't learn a thing in prision, she should have spent more time there. But maybe someone I trust more will do it, there's a big market out there and it's gonna explode soon as our Doctors get on the ball and start diagnosing sooner!
Back to top Go down
https://verypeculiarpeople.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Announcement re: Martha Stewart   Announcement re: Martha Stewart Empty

Back to top Go down

Announcement re: Martha Stewart
Page 1 of 1