A Very Peculiar People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Very Peculiar People

Community for those living Kosher, Organic and Gluten-Free Lives!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Sulfites

Go down 
AuthorMessage
HadassahSukkot

HadassahSukkot

Number of posts : 254
How long since diagnosed? : a long while now
Registration date : 2007-10-11

Sulfites Empty
PostSubject: Sulfites   Sulfites EmptySat Feb 02, 2008 6:23 am

http://www.livingwithout.com/features/feature-sulfite.html

I highly reccommend reading this article, even though it is just an excerpt, as I know many folks who have issues with Celiac Disease also have issues with Sulfites (Me and my dad). I have a very mild aversion, and my dad's is very severe.

It Lists what items include sulfites in packaging, and where to get Sulfite-free items.

Beware though, if you have severe Sulfite allergies, you may have to do without your favorite dried fruits and veggies- and you may have to severely limit your exposure to these same veggies in raw or cooked form. Be careful and definitely do your homework!
Quote :

STOCKING UP

Looking for sulfite-free staples and treats? We've done some sleuthing to help you stock up on safe alternatives to your favorites. Check out these resources.

Atwater Foods, Inc.
800-836-3972
www.atwaterfoods.com
Premium dried fruit products.

Crossings
800-209-6141
www.crossingsfrenchfood.com
Importer of Fruits Saveurs by Favols, vacuum-sealed, partially dehydrated fruits, that are free of preservatives, sulfites and artificial ingredients.

Golden Whisk
800-660-5222
www.goldenwhisk.com
Award-winning sauces and salsas, many sulfite-free. Available at Williams Sonoma and other gourmet food retailers.

New England Natural Bakers
413-665-8599
www.nenb.com
Granolas, meuslis and trail mixes using fruit free of sulfites and coloring dyes. Some mixes are wheat- and dairy-free.

Living Tree Community
800-260-5534
www.livingtreecommunity.com
Organic and sulfur-free foods, including raw nut butters, nuts and tahini.

Definitely check the link as its list is comprehensive on what items in your pantry will need checking.
Back to top Go down

Sulfites
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
A Very Peculiar People :: Medical and Spiritual and Finacial :: Medical issues-
Jump to: