Number of posts : 254
Location : Germany
How long since diagnosed? : a long while now
Registration date : 2007-10-11
|Subject: Flat Bread Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:43 am|| |
I made this about two years ago... This would be 'ok' unless you care cutting out corn products during Pesach.
- Quote :
- Flat Bread for Passover
1/3 cup tapioca starch
2/3 cup cornstarch plus additional, as need(potato starch will not work)
1/2 tsp salt, optional
2 tsp xanthan gum or guar gum (xanthan is corn based!)
1 Tbsp olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. In a medium bowl, combine the flours, salt and xanthan gum.
3. Whisk together the eggs and the oil, pour into the dry ingredients.
4. Stir until a ball forms.
5. Knead a minute or two, adding more cornstarch if necessary. 6. Add additional corn
strach until the dough will not accept any more and is firm.
7. Place the ball on a cutting board dusted with cornstarch and roll as thin as
8. Cut into matzo board shapes and poke rows of holes with a fork.
9. Carefully lift onto an lightly oiled cookie sheet.
10. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until crispy.
(the orginal recipe called for 1/3 cup garfava bean flour, but I left this out and used 2/3 cup of corn starch instead.)