A Very Peculiar People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Very Peculiar People

Community for those living Kosher, Organic and Gluten-Free Lives!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Stir-Fry

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Bete'avon!
Admin
Bete'avon!

Number of posts : 578
How long since diagnosed? : 4 years misdiagnosed 15 years
Vegitarian : Partial
Registration date : 2007-10-02

Stir-Fry Empty
PostSubject: Stir-Fry   Stir-Fry EmptyWed Oct 10, 2007 11:09 pm

I have been making many a stir-fry this summer as the bounty from the garden has been great!

This is one I made today.

Ingredients

• 2 bok choy slice the stalks in thin pieces, and the greens keep separate but slice as well, set aside
  • 5 young turnips ( about the size of a large strawberry), peeled and sliced thinly
  • small red pepper cut into 1/2 inch pieces
  • half red onion, cut similarly as pepper
  • 1 cup of cold white rice ( I use whatever I have left over, brown, white)
  • 3 eggs ( vegans leave out)
  • GF Tamari sauce, 100% Sesame oil, peanut oil

Directions

In wok, heat with tablespoon of peanut oil. Check for rediness by adding one slice of turnip, when it sizzles around the slice, it's ready.

Add the sliced turnips and cook, stiring once in awhile for about 3 minutes

Add onions. Cook another minute or two

Add peppers and bok choy chopped stalks cook for another 2-3 minutes, then add rice, break up, add tamari about a tablespoon or two, and shake on the rice some sesame oil for flavor.

When vegetables appear crisply done, pull them up the sides of wok and make a hole in the center. Add eaggs ( beat in bowl first) in this hole and let cook about 2 minutes then stir up in center, let cook another minute, add bok choy greens, chop, toss the eggs with the rice and veggies to distributed evenly but not too much to break up all chunks of eggs.

Serve with chopped fresh tomatoes if desired. You can also add a can of sardines like I did. I dished out the stir fry onto plates and then to the wok I added the skinless and boneless sardines ( very good nutritionally) and let them heat a minute, then added them to top of stir fry.

***Note, I have an electric stove so my wok doesn't get as hot as quick as on gas. Please adjust instructions to your fuel type.
Back to top Go down
https://verypeculiarpeople.forumotion.com
Yentl

Yentl

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2007-10-08

Stir-Fry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stir-Fry   Stir-Fry EmptyThu Oct 11, 2007 4:22 pm

I stir-fry once in awhile, but mainly I like to eat my veggies raw or steamed. Steaming helps to preserve the vitamins and color as well. You don't have your vitamins going out with the waste water, and you don't need any oil to cook them with. I also use it to steam my rice as well as to reheat foods since I don't use a microwave oven.
Back to top Go down

Stir-Fry
Page 1 of 1