I could not afford it so this is what I did. First I tried the recipe using the gluten free pantry mix. It was ok, but kinda dry and unappentizing, but just perfect for the bread of affliction. Then I tried gluten free girls recipe and not sure if her measurments were wrong or what but these fell apart after baking. I think too much shortening.
So then with less than one day to go, I braved it and tried something on my own. I had a box of uncontaminated toasted oats.
I took these, sprinkled some into the processor bowl and pulsed until it was of a whole wheat texture, then I added a bit of water and pulsed just till it came together. I added a bit of rice flour and some salt and mixed to it went into a ball, just a few seconds. (I had set my timer to 18 minutes and hit is to start as soon as I added the water.)
Then I pulled off walnut sized pieced, rolled them in my hands to make a ball and pushed them down onto the foil lined pan. I took a small plastic baggie and covered it and used a small rolling pin to roll them out to about 1/16 to 1/8th inch thick. Baked on 450 for 9 minutes and took out when the edges just started to brown. I then let them cool on the pan 10 minutes and then moved them to the cooling rack.
They were a hit at the Seder. I made 13 and only two were left. They all said they liked them best. When I went to break one in half it was a bit soft, chewy like, not hard at all, with a bit of taste, but not so much you didn't know you were eating matzah.
I will try and make another batch later this week and experiment with some different temps and times and let you know.