A Very Peculiar People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Very Peculiar People

Community for those living Kosher, Organic and Gluten-Free Lives!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

KASHA!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bete'avon!
Admin
Bete'avon!

Number of posts : 578
How long since diagnosed? : 4 years misdiagnosed 15 years
Vegitarian : Partial
Registration date : 2007-10-02

KASHA! Empty
PostSubject: KASHA!   KASHA! EmptyFri May 02, 2008 2:14 am

I don't know why I haven't gotten this before, sometimes it's the obvious things we overlook! Duh!

Wolffs brand, KASHA

Wheat and Gluten FrEE

Certification-- OU

comes in Course and Fine ground

ground, ground what? Buckwheat!

This can used like rice in a pilaf when you are just sick of rice.

Don't know what Kasha is? It is Roasted Buckwheat.

For those new to eating GF, Buckwheat is not a wheat but a grain that is gluten free. It is much more nutritious than wheat even and makes a hearty hot cereal, or stuffing or many other things. I shall in the coming days post some recipes so you can try it.

It has a nutty flavor, and is not a grain but a fruit. Smile They say that buckwheat helps to lower cholesterol by preventing it being absorbed in the lower intestine. This is a good thing to know especially since oats are off limits to many of us and for those it is not the cost if prohibitive to obtain certified uncontaminated oats. Also they say it helps to lower blood sugar. So it sounds healthy all around, as well as tasty!

Why not try some today? I purchased a 13 oz box for $2.79 so it's not that expensive and can be found in many kosher sections of your grocery store.

You may remember me writing awhile back about Pocono hot cream of buckwheat cereal, it is one of their other divisions.

Here is the site for Wolffs Kasha
Back to top Go down
https://verypeculiarpeople.forumotion.com

KASHA!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
A Very Peculiar People :: Kosher Talk :: Kosher, GF sources-
Jump to: