A Very Peculiar People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Very Peculiar People

Community for those living Kosher, Organic and Gluten-Free Lives!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Sub Rolls, Meatball sandwiches for real!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bete'avon!
Admin
Bete'avon!

Number of posts : 578
How long since diagnosed? : 4 years misdiagnosed 15 years
Vegitarian : Partial
Registration date : 2007-10-02

Sub Rolls, Meatball sandwiches for real! Empty
PostSubject: Sub Rolls, Meatball sandwiches for real!   Sub Rolls, Meatball sandwiches for real! EmptyWed May 21, 2008 10:24 pm

Gluten Free Pantry French Bread and Pizza mix

Have you tried this yet?

I made the two loaves in my french bread loave pan and used it for fondue and it tasted authentic. Now I have tried it to make hoagie or sub or Hero rolls depending on which part of the country you are from!

I made the mix as directed using a mixer.

I then shaped the rolls about 6-7" long and placed them in the tube pan of the french bread double pan. If you don't have one, just put them on a cookie sheet lined with parchment.

I then let it rise for 40 minutes. Then brushed with the leftover egg yolk, mixed with a little water. I baked at the temp directed for 25 minutes.

They come out crispy, crunchy and with the flaky tops you love from crusty Italian bread. My husband had a meatball sandwich I made with them today for lunch.

His reaction?

"I felt guilty, like I was eating a regular roll"

Very Happy

So, what better recommendation?

Try and enjoy!

You can use these to make yourself a longed for hoagie, or sub, or hero, or whatever they call it in your neck of the woods! Smile
Back to top Go down
https://verypeculiarpeople.forumotion.com
Bete'avon!
Admin
Bete'avon!

Number of posts : 578
How long since diagnosed? : 4 years misdiagnosed 15 years
Vegitarian : Partial
Registration date : 2007-10-02

Sub Rolls, Meatball sandwiches for real! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sub Rolls, Meatball sandwiches for real!   Sub Rolls, Meatball sandwiches for real! EmptyTue Jun 03, 2008 3:34 pm

Now when I made those last time ( check my date stamp), I also froze some along with some of the leftover meatballs. So next time we had a hankering for meatball sandwiches, it wouldn't take all day. This past Shabbat, I hadn't been feeling well ( had a bout with first getting into a non GF pickle followed by MSG) so really wasn't up to baking bread for Shabbat ( plus it was hot too) so looked in the freezer for what to make for dinner and saw some Neshama sausages and those three rolls I had made. So I thought , hmm, sausage sandwiches, never one of my favorites, but I knew hubby loved them. I made some great salads to go with them and even had hubby cook them on the grill but on this bread with nothing else they just feel apart and tasted like your typical dry rice bread.

Sooooooooo my recommendation is to only use these rolls for meatball sandwiches where you can soak the bread with sauce on the top side. They really aren't for making any kind of hoagie.

So this mix, the GF pantrys french bread and pizza mix I have only found three uses for, it makes an OK pizza crust, and french bread that will only be used for fondue, it's great, and for meatball sandwiches.

But for those three things, so far I've found it can't be beat!
Back to top Go down
https://verypeculiarpeople.forumotion.com

Sub Rolls, Meatball sandwiches for real!
Page 1 of 1