A Very Peculiar People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Very Peculiar People

Community for those living Kosher, Organic and Gluten-Free Lives!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Seasonings and Herbs

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bete'avon!
Admin
Bete'avon!

Number of posts : 578
How long since diagnosed? : 4 years misdiagnosed 15 years
Vegitarian : Partial
Registration date : 2007-10-02

Seasonings and Herbs Empty
PostSubject: Seasonings and Herbs   Seasonings and Herbs EmptyThu Jun 12, 2008 11:01 pm

Most know that McCormick spices are free from any gluten products for free flowing. They aren't bad for everyday use, but if you are a gourmet cook or aspire to be more adventurous in your GF cooking you may want to try some higher grade spices and herbs.

I found a place recommended by none other than Alton Brown.

THE SPICE HOUSE

Question asked on their site about any gluten in their products revealed this:

Quote :
There is no gluten in our curry powders. The only spices we carry that contain gluten are taco seasoning, vanilla powder, and smoke powder.

This leaves many, many wonderful spices, herbs and mixes to choose from. I have made a substantial order and hope to increase the yummability of my cooking even more!

Check it out I am sure you will find something you will want to try!

Be sure to grab some Za'atar if you don't have any already, to get that wonderful taste of Israel!
Back to top Go down
https://verypeculiarpeople.forumotion.com
Bete'avon!
Admin
Bete'avon!

Number of posts : 578
How long since diagnosed? : 4 years misdiagnosed 15 years
Vegitarian : Partial
Registration date : 2007-10-02

Seasonings and Herbs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seasonings and Herbs   Seasonings and Herbs EmptyFri Jun 13, 2008 12:17 am

They have many recipes there for each spice so you aren't at a lose for what to do with it.

This is what I ordered:

Little Italy herbs ( you know our 'brand' of Pizza needs all the help it can get! Very Happy Hand-mixed from: Greek fancy oregano, sweet basil, marjoram, thyme, summer savory, minced garlic, and lemon peel

Herbs de Provence - a wonderful mixture with lavendar that will make your stews and fish dishes have that continenal flair of the Provincial region of France - Hand mixed from: rosemary, French thyme, tarragon, basil, savory, cracked fennel, lavender and marjoram.

Maharajah Style curry powder- Hand mixed from: turmeric, coriander, cumin, cardamom, fenugreek,
ginger, nutmeg, fennel seed, Chinese cinnamon, white pepper, arrowroot,
black pepper, ground cloves, cayenne pepper and superior grade Spanish
saffron

Hawaaiian black lava and red alaea sea salt with wonderful unpolluted waters mineral sea salts.

Fines Herbs - French herb blend of French chervil, parsley, French thyme and French tarragon.

Ground Ceylon Cinnamon a true cinnamon that will make your dishes with this really speak! 10 x better than your average cinnamon

Ground Casia or Saigon Cinnamon, from Vietnam, a sweet lemony cinnamon for light dishes or desserts

Pomegranate Molasses - a Pomegranate concentrate
Back to top Go down
https://verypeculiarpeople.forumotion.com

Seasonings and Herbs
Page 1 of 1