A Very Peculiar People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Very Peculiar People

Community for those living Kosher, Organic and Gluten-Free Lives!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Disposable Diapers: PAMPERS Not Gluten free for Celiacs

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
HadassahSukkot

HadassahSukkot

Number of posts : 254
How long since diagnosed? : a long while now
Registration date : 2007-10-11

Disposable Diapers: PAMPERS Not Gluten free for Celiacs Empty
PostSubject: Disposable Diapers: PAMPERS Not Gluten free for Celiacs   Disposable Diapers: PAMPERS Not Gluten free for Celiacs EmptyThu Jul 17, 2008 6:20 pm

Guess what I found out today?

Pampers has gluten in their diapers! affraid

Not only that, they swear "It can't be absorbed by the skin"... just like all the different celiac associations say about gluten and wheat ... Which is asinine, considering the skin is the biggest organ of our bodies.

No wonder Jonathan was so upset all the time, developed diaper rash and screamed through diaper changes for his first 3 weeks! I feel awful pale

So, before anyone even thinks of putting disposables on their little baby... Don't. Just head that one off at the pass, call all the companies BEFORE you deliver and ensure there is no wheat or gluten in the product, and make up your mind that you'll be doing cloth if you have celiac disease. It'll be a better run in the end.

That is all.
Back to top Go down
Bete'avon!
Admin
Bete'avon!

Number of posts : 578
How long since diagnosed? : 4 years misdiagnosed 15 years
Vegitarian : Partial
Registration date : 2007-10-02

Disposable Diapers: PAMPERS Not Gluten free for Celiacs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disposable Diapers: PAMPERS Not Gluten free for Celiacs   Disposable Diapers: PAMPERS Not Gluten free for Celiacs EmptyFri Jul 18, 2008 4:19 pm

Thanks for that great tip HS!

I am sorry your baby had to learn the hard way, but we are in a ground breaking area here with all the products on the market, even ones we know have no gluten can change a source and voila` glutenated!

I hope he is happier with the cloth nappies now and you have saved many a nother baby from going through the same thing, that is why this forum is here, to help each other!

:hug:
Back to top Go down
https://verypeculiarpeople.forumotion.com

Disposable Diapers: PAMPERS Not Gluten free for Celiacs
Page 1 of 1