A Very Peculiar People

Community for those living Kosher, Organic and Gluten-Free Lives!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Colgin's Liquid Smoke

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
HadassahSukkot

Number of posts : 254
How long since diagnosed? : a long while now
Registration date : 2007-10-11

PostSubject: Colgin's Liquid Smoke   Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:51 am

I was looking for liquid smoke, as I found a couple of BBQ recipes that called for it.

I found this company, they're Kosher, GF, have no MSG and no animal byproducts.

http://www.colgin.com/public/default.aspx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yentl

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2007-10-08

PostSubject: Re: Colgin's Liquid Smoke   Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:22 pm

That's great but what about the cancer concerns? We celiacs do have lowered ammune systems and have to be careful.

I found this article http://www.signonsandiego.com/uniontrib/20070314/news_lz1f14focus.html and funny enough at the end of it there is something on Celiacs and oats!

Anyway, I don't eat hot dogs or other meats like that because of this ( not to mention the msg found in many), but I do love a smoky flavor and have found a great alternative.

Smoked Paprika! it can be used on anything and lends a wonderful taste to eggs, soups, salads, mac and cheese, really anything ( haven't tried ice cream Wink ) practically! give it a try. The Spice house carries some awesome spices and this is one of them. I don't use Liquid smoke anymore since finding this.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bete'avon!
Admin

Number of posts : 578
How long since diagnosed? : 4 years misdiagnosed 15 years
Vegitarian : Partial
Registration date : 2007-10-02

PostSubject: Re: Colgin's Liquid Smoke   Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:25 pm

I am careful about those chemicals too. I don't know if it's because I've been diagnosed and have been GF for a while and have stopped eating those but I find myself very sensitive to them and haven't eaten any preserved meats.

Please register and join us, it will only take a minute! We are here to help each other, so please join and share your experiences with CD, your tips, troubles, recipes, and sources. We are a peculiar minority but we need to ban together!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://verypeculiarpeople.forumotion.com
HadassahSukkot

Number of posts : 254
How long since diagnosed? : a long while now
Registration date : 2007-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Colgin's Liquid Smoke   Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:44 pm

Well, I would always hope that with things like teriyaki sauce, liquid smoke, soy sauce, and other sauces/preservatives, nitrates and other things --- one would use once in a while and sparingly.

Not everyone can handle everything either -- so it is always best to use one's discretion.

I can't get that here, so if I want something smoked or grilled - I have to do it myself.

I did however find some lunchmeats out here that we can have. The only problem is with it -- no certification. However, it is gf, and has no pork products, msg or other questionable items.

you win some, you lose some out here Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Colgin's Liquid Smoke   

Back to top Go down

Colgin's Liquid Smoke
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1