This tastes like a whole wheat bun. It's very sturdy and holds up well
This makes 1 serving
* 2 tablespoons of melted butter
* 1/2 pinch salt
* 1 extra large egg
* 4 tablespoons flax seed meal
* 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1. Mix all ingredients together in a microwave safe bowl or container.
2. Put the bowl/container in the microwave and nuke for 1 minute or until center is set.
3. It will billow up in the bowl.
4. Leave it in the bowl for another minute then turn it out on a cooling rack and let it cool.
5. Once it has cooled take a long bread knife and slice the bun in half and make your hamburger as usual.
one tweak for this recipe is 1/2 flax and 1/2 oat flour.
I have done it also 1/2 flax, 1/4 oatmeal and 1/4 rice flour. Tastes really great and my DH loves it