A Very Peculiar People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Very Peculiar People

Community for those living Kosher, Organic and Gluten-Free Lives!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Amy's Mexican GF Cuisine

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bete'avon!
Admin
Bete'avon!

Number of posts : 578
How long since diagnosed? : 4 years misdiagnosed 15 years
Vegitarian : Partial
Registration date : 2007-10-02

Amy's Mexican GF Cuisine Empty
PostSubject: Amy's Mexican GF Cuisine   Amy's Mexican GF Cuisine EmptyThu Jul 31, 2008 3:06 pm

I have recently found a source to purchase other Amy's entrees that I never thought possible! Wal-Mart! There I found ones I haven't been able to find any other store. So I stocked up and have been trying them over the last few weeks. I wanted to let you all know how they taste to make your search and discover trips worthwhile!
Back to top Go down
https://verypeculiarpeople.forumotion.com
Bete'avon!
Admin
Bete'avon!

PostSubject: Amy's Cheese Enchilada   Amy's Mexican GF Cuisine EmptyThu Jul 31, 2008 3:13 pm

Cheese Enchilada
Amy's Mexican GF Cuisine 00080
Amy's Mexican GF Cuisine Nutritional_infoAmy's Mexican GF Cuisine Icon_no_gluten_addedAmy's Mexican GF Cuisine Icon_soy_freeAmy's Mexican GF Cuisine Icon_kosher
Two tortillas made from freshly ground organic corn, filled with a blend of
cheeses, accented by olives and peppers, and covered with a traditional
Mexican sauce. Gluten free.

First I would like to say that I have not been a fan of enchiladas before now. When I heated these up, I prepared myself that I was not going to have the most tastiest meal around, like it was not Amy's mac and cheese! Smile

But, I was so pleasantly surprised. When I took them out and poked a fork on top they felt hard as rocks. But when I sat down to eat them, I found they were not hard, but actually very crispy! cheers The sauce was great, and I was afraid it would be too spicy because of the green chiles, or too much green pepper, but it wasn't. It was just right. And the filling was very good too!

I did add some mozzarella cheese to mine on top because I love cheese, but I am sure they had plenty for the average cheese eater. Smile

Now they are supposed to have black olives in there, but I don't remember tasting any of them, they might have blended in with the other stuff.

One thing I will advise, don't heat them in a toaster oven in the original package, it can over heat and blacken and give off a bad smell and taste. Make sure you pre-heat first. Instead, do as I do, pop them out of the tray and into a oven-proof bowl like an oval ramikin, works great and makes you think you are eating in style!

So, go out hunting today and grab some of these, you won't be sorry you did, and your family will love them too!

Ole!
Back to top Go down
Bete'avon!
Admin
Bete'avon!

PostSubject: Mexican Cassarole   Amy's Mexican GF Cuisine EmptyThu Jul 31, 2008 3:20 pm

Mexican Casserole Bowl
Amy's Mexican GF Cuisine 00163Amy's Mexican GF Cuisine Nutritional_infoAmy's Mexican GF Cuisine Icon_no_gluten_addedAmy's Mexican GF Cuisine Icon_soy_freeAmy's Mexican GF Cuisine Icon_kosher
Organic
white corn masa, black beans, sweet golden corn, olives, tomatoes and a
careful blend of chili peppers and spices. It’s a delicious addition to
Amy’s family of Mexican food.

Another homerun!

I got smart and popped this one out first into a round ramikin bowl. I also added cheese to the top because, well, you already know. Wink

This was excellent! I wished there was more, it was that good! I ate it by scooping it onto corn chips, or tortilla chips, I think these were the lime flavored ones. And it was so good.

I would reccomend that in a pinch that friends stop by, have a few of these on hand, and you can quickly nuke them and serve with a bowl of tortilla or corn scoop chips and you got a party with no fuss!

You can add some shredded cheese on top to make it extra yummy and top with some sour cream and chopped green onions and no one's the wiser you aren't the perfect hostess!

Try them today, don't buy just one, because you will be sorry if you did!

It's a perfect blend of corn, beans and cheese, tomatoes, olives and onions.

cheers Ole!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Amy's Mexican GF Cuisine   Amy's Mexican GF Cuisine Empty

Back to top Go down

Amy's Mexican GF Cuisine
Page 1 of 1