A Very Peculiar People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Very Peculiar People

Community for those living Kosher, Organic and Gluten-Free Lives!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Breadboard

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bete'avon!
Admin
Bete'avon!

Number of posts : 578
How long since diagnosed? : 4 years misdiagnosed 15 years
Vegitarian : Partial
Registration date : 2007-10-02

The Breadboard Empty
PostSubject: The Breadboard   The Breadboard EmptySun Oct 21, 2007 7:59 pm

Did another stupid newbie thing on 'Shabbat. I put my freshly baked GF rolls onto the old bread board, without thinking. I think one of the rolls got cross contaminated because I got sick about an hour or so after dinner. Rolling Eyes Embarassed

My husband blames himself for not thinking, but I didn't either. So today he has cleaned it all out ( this is a special board for slicing homeade bread and comes with a special carbon steel knife, I got at an art show and it was pretty pricey so I am not wanting to throw it out just yet). He sanded down the top grate part, so we will see what happens. I told him to sand it down past where he last saw cut marks and hopefully that will cleanse it.

I use plastic and glass for other cutting, but this is special for breads, and mainly where I set my challah on Shabbat.

I hope it's all cleansed now.
Back to top Go down
https://verypeculiarpeople.forumotion.com
Bete'avon!
Admin
Bete'avon!

Number of posts : 578
How long since diagnosed? : 4 years misdiagnosed 15 years
Vegitarian : Partial
Registration date : 2007-10-02

The Breadboard Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Breadboard   The Breadboard EmptyTue Dec 18, 2007 2:27 am

Bought a new cutting board, the old ones had too many cuts to clean safely, and I needed a new one anyway. Smile
Back to top Go down
https://verypeculiarpeople.forumotion.com

The Breadboard
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
A Very Peculiar People :: Kosher Talk :: Kosher and GF at home-
Jump to: