A Very Peculiar People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Very Peculiar People

Community for those living Kosher, Organic and Gluten-Free Lives!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

question: What is quick cooking rice cereal?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
HadassahSukkot

HadassahSukkot

Number of posts : 254
How long since diagnosed? : a long while now
Registration date : 2007-10-11

question: What is quick cooking rice cereal? Empty
PostSubject: question: What is quick cooking rice cereal?   question: What is quick cooking rice cereal? EmptyTue Dec 25, 2007 8:33 am

I found a pita bread recipe, but I can't use it just yet because I have no idea what one of the ingredients is that it requires... is it baby food? Or is it something else entirely?

I've tried checking elsewhere around the internet and I've found no information whatsoever.. Suspect
Back to top Go down
Bete'avon!
Admin
Bete'avon!

Number of posts : 578
How long since diagnosed? : 4 years misdiagnosed 15 years
Vegitarian : Partial
Registration date : 2007-10-02

PostSubject: Re: question: What is quick cooking rice cereal?   question: What is quick cooking rice cereal? EmptyMon Jan 07, 2008 5:36 pm

Hmm, I'd have to see the recipe, is it English? what country of origin? Quick cooking rice cereal sounds like

Arrowhead mills has a brown rice hot cereal, but it's not advertised as instant. The only instant ones I know of are considered baby cereal, they are like instant potato flakes so should work and you probably will be needing them soon anyways. Wink
Back to top Go down
https://verypeculiarpeople.forumotion.com
HadassahSukkot

HadassahSukkot

Number of posts : 254
How long since diagnosed? : a long while now
Registration date : 2007-10-11

PostSubject: Re: question: What is quick cooking rice cereal?   question: What is quick cooking rice cereal? EmptyFri Jan 18, 2008 10:56 am

I meant to get back to you on this. I really am unsure of the country of origin with the recipe. Mom got it so long ago, I'm sure she doesn't remember. I found some "quick cooking rice cereal" in the baby department at one of our local "Schlecker" stores, and it is listed as specifically gluten free. I'm tempted to get it and try it...
Back to top Go down
Bete'avon!
Admin
Bete'avon!

PostSubject: Re: question: What is quick cooking rice cereal?   question: What is quick cooking rice cereal? EmptyFri Jan 18, 2008 4:51 pm

Why not? I don't think it could hurt and it really wouldn't be bad to experiment with it, since you will probably use for baby, it's good to know it will be a multi-tasker as Alton likes to say. Wink
Back to top Go down
Bete'avon!
Admin
Bete'avon!

PostSubject: Re: question: What is quick cooking rice cereal?   question: What is quick cooking rice cereal? EmptyWed Feb 20, 2008 4:08 am

This may be helpful to try:)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: question: What is quick cooking rice cereal?   question: What is quick cooking rice cereal? Empty

Back to top Go down

question: What is quick cooking rice cereal?
Page 1 of 1