A Very Peculiar People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Very Peculiar People

Community for those living Kosher, Organic and Gluten-Free Lives!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

GLUTEN FREE DOG FOOD - Eagle Pack Holistic

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bete'avon!
Admin
Bete'avon!

Number of posts : 578
How long since diagnosed? : 4 years misdiagnosed 15 years
Vegitarian : Partial
Registration date : 2007-10-02

GLUTEN FREE DOG FOOD - Eagle Pack  Holistic Empty
PostSubject: GLUTEN FREE DOG FOOD - Eagle Pack Holistic   GLUTEN FREE DOG FOOD - Eagle Pack  Holistic EmptyWed Mar 12, 2008 6:10 pm

So, yesterday I stopped at one of our many nationwide pet store chains. It was the one I frequent most, looking to find a food I had located online.

I never bought my pet food at a pet supply store before, always either at a wholesale place or at the grocery store.

I never imagined there were so many dog foods out there! and the newest thing , I guess, to me anyway, is the Holistic section. At this store it took up nearly 50% of their space for dog foods, which took up a whole aisle and around the back and up half of another aisle!

You would think with all these foods I would have found no trouble finding something GF? I started in the treat aisle because that is my main problem with touching things non GF, my doggies treats/biscuits. Which she gets about 3 times a day, so that was my first stop, after glancing over the long aisle of dog food and getting very confused.

So I am looking at these little bags, that cost between 3-6$ a piece for 20 or so little biscuits! I finally found one that was gluten free and sounded healthy. ( I will make a separate post for this). Then as I'm still looking, I happened to tip the bag I had in my hand of these treats downward and they all come tumbling out! Seems the seal wasn't sealed and the bag was totally opened. There were two sales men in the aisle and they looked up at me, and I ( very embarrased) explained that the bag must have been opened. I wasn't feeling all that good and didn't trust myself to bend down and pick them all up. Thankfully one of the young men came to me and got me another bag. I then asked him about GF food for dogs, mentioning the maker of the one I was looking for, he said he'd worked there two years and hadn't heard of it.

So then we looked together and I had found this one that looked ( without my reading glasses on ) like it was ok. He told me that it was a very good food and trusted company, but I didn't really know. But I bought a bag to be sure because it was on sale, less than half off! because they had gotten a huge shipment in and were trying to make room. I got the senior formula because my doggie is up in years.

When I got it home I put on my reading glasses to make sure I didn't miss anything on there and discovered I sure did!

There is pork meal in there, but any other meats in dog foods are trief to start with , so I handle it with care, pouring out of the bag.

I'm not sure I will stay with this as she didn't seem as enthused as I'd like her to be, but will keep on looking.
Back to top Go down
https://verypeculiarpeople.forumotion.com
Bete'avon!
Admin
Bete'avon!

PostSubject: Re: GLUTEN FREE DOG FOOD - Eagle Pack Holistic   GLUTEN FREE DOG FOOD - Eagle Pack  Holistic EmptyWed Mar 12, 2008 6:17 pm

Eagle Pack® Holistic Select® and Eagle Pack® Super Premium brands offer natural, human grade ingredients and the highest quality meat meals, grains, and fats and oils available. Both contain at least 8 of our holistic, custom supplements.

http://www.eaglepack.com/

Some good qualities about this food

Quote :
In the 1980's the family-founded Eagle Pack brand pioneered holistic-natural nutrition. Our breakthrough formulas were the first to position protein rich meat meals above corn or soy. We led the trend to better health for your pet through research based holistic supplements that include Prebiotics, Probiotics and Antioxidants. Our ingredients are sourced from human grade suppliers. Chicken Meal is produced from chickens passed by the USDA; meals are antibiotic free with no added hormones. Fruits and veggies are all human grad

The one I got is the Senior Care formula and this is what it says regarding that

Quote :

Based on the latest research to improve the health and longevity of your senior dog.

26% protein is now considered ideal for seniors. Moderate protein levels do not cause renal failure. Older dogs require protein to help maintain muscle mass and increase energy levels. Highly digestible diets are important for the aging dog's digestive system. Eagle Pack diets are very digestible, proteins are 91-95% digestible. Digestibility is enhanced with Prebiotics, Probiotics and Digestive Enzymes.

Our inclusion of Probiotics and Digestive Enzymes become even more important as your pet ages and gastrointestinal juices decrease.

Glucosamine for joint health, plus our exclusive rainbow of antioxidants to slow the degenerative effects of aging.

Ideal as a weight management diet for dogs of all ages.

Ingredients: Chicken Meal, Ground Brown Rice, Ground White Rice, Oatmeal, Chicken Fat (Preserved With Natural Mixed Tocopherols), Anchovy & Sardine Meals, Pork Meal, Dried Beet Pulp, Dried Egg Product, Flaxseed, Tomato Pomace, Carrots, Peas, Sun-Cured Alfalfa, Salt, Potassium Chloride, Quinoa (Organic), Blueberries, Apples, Inulin, L-Carnitine, Beta-Carotene, Taurine, Cranberries, Dehydrated Kelp, Glucosamine Hydrochloride, Yucca Schidigera Extract, DL-Methionine, Vitamin A Acetate, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Vitamin E Supplement, Riboflavin Supplement, Vitamin B12 Supplement, d-Pantothenic Acid, Niacin Supplement, Choline Chloride, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Thiamine Mononitrate, Folic Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Biotin, Lecithin, Rosemary Extract, Inositol, Polysaccharide Complexes of Zinc, Iron, Manganese, Copper and Cobalt, Potassium Iodate, Sodium Selenite, Lactobacillus acidophilus Lactobacillus casei, Enterococcus faecium, B. subtillus, Bacillus licheniformis, Bacillus coagulins, Aspergillus oryzae, and Aspergillus niger.

Now this does contain oatmeal, but I figured in the order it is presented, even if the oats are contaminated the amount would be in the safe zone, especially since we aren't eating it. Wink

Not all of the formulas contain pork, the Duck and oatmeal one doesn't or the anchovy, sardine and salmon one. Check to see.
Back to top Go down
Bete'avon!
Admin
Bete'avon!

PostSubject: We finished the bag and have found what we've been looking   GLUTEN FREE DOG FOOD - Eagle Pack  Holistic EmptyThu Apr 03, 2008 5:51 pm

For Smile

Check out this post to see our review of Eagle Pack Holistic Select® Anchovy, Sardine & Salmon Meal Formula!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GLUTEN FREE DOG FOOD - Eagle Pack Holistic   GLUTEN FREE DOG FOOD - Eagle Pack  Holistic Empty

Back to top Go down

GLUTEN FREE DOG FOOD - Eagle Pack Holistic
Page 1 of 1