A Very Peculiar People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Very Peculiar People

Community for those living Kosher, Organic and Gluten-Free Lives!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Vanilla Dairy-Free Ice Cream

Go down 
AuthorMessage
HadassahSukkot

HadassahSukkot

Number of posts : 254
How long since diagnosed? : a long while now
Registration date : 2007-10-11

Vanilla Dairy-Free Ice Cream Empty
PostSubject: Vanilla Dairy-Free Ice Cream   Vanilla Dairy-Free Ice Cream EmptyFri Jul 25, 2008 5:42 am

I found this one at Organizing Junkie's Blog

I would think using GF Kosher Marshmallows would work just as fine, but we'd have to play with the amount of Agar Agar to equal the gelatin, unless ya'll are able to find Kosher Beef or Fish gelatin.

Personally, I would use a butter alternative instead of oil on this one to make it healthier.. but that is me.

Quote :

2 cups dairy alternative, divided (I use Rice Milk)

2 cups safe marshmallows (I use Jet Puff)

1/3 cup sugar

3 tbsp oil (I use Canola)

1 tsp safe vanilla extract

1 package gelatin (I use Knox)

In a medium saucepan combine marshmallows, sugar and one cup of dairy alternative. Stirring constantly bring marshmallow mixture to a slow boil until sugar and marshmallows have dissolved. Remove from heat and allow to cool. Meanwhile combine gelatin, one cup of dairy alternative and oil, allow to stand for five minutes. Using a stand or hand mixer (I use a whisk) beat gelatin, oil and dairy alternative mixture until foamy. Add vanilla. Combine all ingredients together and transfer to the frozen canister of an ice cream maker. Process according to manufacturer’s instructions (mine takes approx. 20 minutes).
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1