A Very Peculiar People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Very Peculiar People

Community for those living Kosher, Organic and Gluten-Free Lives!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Crustless Quiche

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
HadassahSukkot

HadassahSukkot

Number of posts : 254
How long since diagnosed? : a long while now
Registration date : 2007-10-11

Crustless Quiche Empty
PostSubject: Crustless Quiche   Crustless Quiche EmptyTue Oct 16, 2007 9:00 am

Crustless Quiche
6 eggs ½ cup milk
3 medium carrots 1 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper 1 small onion
1 ½ cups shredded cheese 2 Tbs olive oil
3 Tbs Tapioca starch 3 Tbs GF Flour
10 ounce package of frozen spinach
or fresh spinach
Buttered quiche pan. Oven 375 degrees for 30-45 minutes. Cook onion in oil and reserve. In blender, place milk and carrots. Puree. Add eggs, salt and pepper and blend well. Add Tapioca starch and GF flour. Blend well.
Place a layer of spinach in bottom of pan. Add ½ of the onions and top with ½ of the cheese. Continue until pan is filled. Pour the egg mixture over the layers. Make sure that you have the mixture throughout the layers. Bake until center is done.

You can use corn chips that are crushed as a 'crust' (Fritos for example) instead of the spinach. Personally, I don't like spinach, so I end up picking it out of this recipe. Onions and I don't have a good relationship so I can't use them.

otherwise, this is EXACTLY like regular quiche. We just haven't found a workable bottom other than leafy greens or chips lol!
Back to top Go down
Bete'avon!
Admin
Bete'avon!

Number of posts : 578
How long since diagnosed? : 4 years misdiagnosed 15 years
Vegitarian : Partial
Registration date : 2007-10-02

Crustless Quiche Empty
PostSubject: Quiche crust   Crustless Quiche EmptyWed Oct 17, 2007 6:06 pm

A friend of mine gave me this recipe for pie crust, I haven't tried it yet, but I would most likely use it for quiche the most, as I am not a big pie baker.

1 1/2 C Rice Flour
1/2 C Potato Starch flour
1/4 C Tapioca Flour

OR

2 1/2 C rice flour

OR

1 1/2 C Soy flour
1 C rice flour

+

1 teas salt
1 Tbls sugar
3/4 C shortening
1 egg, lightly beaten
2 Tbls vinegar
2 Tbls cold water

Mix flours together ( I do it in a zip lock bag) , salt and sugar. Pour out into bowl and cut in shortening. In separate bowl, blend together the egg, vinegar, and water. Stir them into the flour mixture. It will be quite moist, but that is what it should be.

Knead mixture into a ball, separate into two balls. Roll one at a time between t sheets of plastic wrap or parchment paper to pie size, handle carefully they are delicate. Place in pie pan.

Use raw for pies or for quiche bake for 10 minutes at 450 first.

I used to brush on dijon mustard before prebaking the shell and it made the quiche taste wonderful, I will have to try and see what happens if I do that with this. It helps to keep the crust from absorbing the liquid and kept it flaky.
Back to top Go down
https://verypeculiarpeople.forumotion.com
Bete'avon!
Admin
Bete'avon!

Number of posts : 578
How long since diagnosed? : 4 years misdiagnosed 15 years
Vegitarian : Partial
Registration date : 2007-10-02

Crustless Quiche Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crustless Quiche   Crustless Quiche EmptyWed Oct 17, 2007 6:08 pm

I am just wondering about a substitute for the crust if you don't want to use one. I haven't tried this, so it's just an idea but what about greasing the pan with butter, then sprinkling it with grated parmesaen cheese, and bake to form a crust, then add the quiche mixture and bake until done?
Back to top Go down
https://verypeculiarpeople.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

Crustless Quiche Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crustless Quiche   Crustless Quiche Empty

Back to top Go down

Crustless Quiche
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
A Very Peculiar People :: Recipe Swap :: Savories - Meats, cheese dishes-
Jump to: