A Very Peculiar People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Very Peculiar People

Community for those living Kosher, Organic and Gluten-Free Lives!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Prayer needed today 2/11/07 - for my sister in law and entir

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
HadassahSukkot

HadassahSukkot

Number of posts : 254
How long since diagnosed? : a long while now
Registration date : 2007-10-11

Prayer needed today 2/11/07 - for my sister in law and entir Empty
PostSubject: Prayer needed today 2/11/07 - for my sister in law and entir   Prayer needed today 2/11/07 - for my sister in law and entir EmptyFri Nov 02, 2007 2:19 am

I got an update to the talk and email I had yesterday evening before I slept. My sister in law that found out she was pregnant just this week (other situations goiing on as well that I can't get into here), is miscarrying from what the drs saw yesterday and her hormone levels.

My mom was there at the hospital 6 hours with her and her grandma and mother (I'm guessing her dad is either out of town with work or in town with work), and my brother and sister came as soon as they got off of work. No work if anyone (pastor etc) from my SIL's church came to be with them No

My DH wanted to check the news with me this morning, but only now is the full impact hitting and I have to go to 'work' (integration course) in a few minutes and try to keep it together until I can get home closer to 1pm.

I dreamed about it last night, which doesn't give me a whole lot of comfort, as usual dreams like that usually happen Crying or Very sad

I'm so uset about the situation in general, and especially the things I can't get into, and the fact my doctor has restricted me from travel (yes, I know and understand why...) so I can't do anything really from this end except prayer...

crying buckets
Back to top Go down
Bete'avon!
Admin
Bete'avon!

Number of posts : 578
How long since diagnosed? : 4 years misdiagnosed 15 years
Vegitarian : Partial
Registration date : 2007-10-02

PostSubject: Re: Prayer needed today 2/11/07 - for my sister in law and entir   Prayer needed today 2/11/07 - for my sister in law and entir EmptySat Nov 03, 2007 4:00 pm

I know how stressed you must be about this and wish I could offer more than prayers and cyber hugs. Group Hug

I will keep praying and you try and rest , and I mean rest in the L-RD that he will do all that is in His will. There is a time for everything and a purpose, even if we don't see it, we must trust that He knows all and loves us and will do what is best for us, even when we don't understand that is when I faith must be greatest, and that faith means that we trust and trust means we give it to him and don't keep trying to take it back.

Hard? yes, Sensible? Yes, Easier to say than do? Yes. But do it we must, because worrying doesn't change one second of our lifes or anyone elses.

Hang in there, HaShem knows and his heart is with you.
Back to top Go down
https://verypeculiarpeople.forumotion.com
HadassahSukkot

HadassahSukkot

PostSubject: Re: Prayer needed today 2/11/07 - for my sister in law and entir   Prayer needed today 2/11/07 - for my sister in law and entir EmptySun Nov 04, 2007 6:31 am

Thanks!

Unfortunatly I have caught some bug, OR the combination of the smokers in our area and the fireplaces being lit full time now... I have gotten all sinusy. I have had drainage since yesterday and we even put in a call to my OB to ask what I can take. I was doing better this morning, mainly blowing my nose (ran out of one box of tissues! LOL) and now I have gotten to dry heaves. FUN!

I had been talking myself out of (for the last 10 weeks) tossing my cookies all this time, and I got that feeling that was unmistakable.. last night we had home made soup (I thin-sliced some carrots to add in and cooked some asian vermicelli noodles in with stock I had on hand), but this morning (4am forward) I have been snacking off and on with Glutano pretzels (egg and milk free) and sipping at grape juice. I just woke my DH up and asked him to make some tea and get it in the fridge so I can crush some ice and make an 'ice drink' with the tea and sip on it until I get to feeling better.

If I can get 'up to par' I might ask him for some plain rice or some grits (rice not corn).. I wanted to make waffles now I just dunno No

This is awful. I am so praising G-d that I hadn't done this before, I dunno what I would do if I were honestly ill like this every day!

Signing off for now... Sleep
Back to top Go down
Bete'avon!
Admin
Bete'avon!

Number of posts : 578
How long since diagnosed? : 4 years misdiagnosed 15 years
Vegitarian : Partial
Registration date : 2007-10-02

PostSubject: Re: Prayer needed today 2/11/07 - for my sister in law and entir   Prayer needed today 2/11/07 - for my sister in law and entir EmptySun Nov 04, 2007 12:16 pm

Aw, the joys of carrying another life! I will pray that your stomach will settle.

As you know with Celiac we can be short on our B vitamins, and with decreased eating associated with MS, this can be perilous. Has your doctor prescibed an increas in these? I understand that 25 mg with each meal of B6 will help with nausea, and if you are actually vomiting, it should be around 250 milligrams.

If you are drinking tea, see if you can't procure some ginger tea, that will help a lot. Also camomile tea, and peppermint after eating something helps.

Try not to eat protein and carbs together in same meal. This could bring on more indigestion.

If eating fruit, do so in the morning or early afternoon hours, not later.
Back to top Go down
https://verypeculiarpeople.forumotion.com
HadassahSukkot

HadassahSukkot

PostSubject: Re: Prayer needed today 2/11/07 - for my sister in law and entir   Prayer needed today 2/11/07 - for my sister in law and entir EmptyMon Nov 05, 2007 7:46 am

From the bloodwork we have had, the Dr has been pleased with my Bvits. I eat so many fruits and veggies I can't miss them.

Carbs and meat in meals hasn't been a big issue since I have to have one or the other usually (baby is still picky with meat). I did good this weekend before I got sick yesterday and made zuchinni bread and banana bread, I added almond flour, which really added more 'help' in the fiber department and protein dept.

I was able to eat half of a meal last night, but I did get sick about 2 hrs before that. I'm home from school today. I am just too sniffly and my voice was such that I couldn't do it today. Maybe tomorrow. Hopefully I can get the sniffles down to less than one pack of tissues a day. LOL

I got an update from my mom on the situation with my brother and sister in law

Quote :
Bunni and Scott came over today. The miscarriage has really hit. (probably hormone wise) Bunni this weekend. She is having a hard time with sadness.

I think that we all are this weekend. I know that I have finally had my time to cry when left alone today. I just really felt sad that there is nothing physically that I can do to make things better. I have been praying constantly that the Lord will keep their hearts soft and the enemy will not have any time or space to sow seeds of bitterness.
Back to top Go down
Yentl

Yentl

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2007-10-08

PostSubject: Re: Prayer needed today 2/11/07 - for my sister in law and entir   Prayer needed today 2/11/07 - for my sister in law and entir EmptyWed Nov 07, 2007 12:49 am

I'm sorry to hear of your situation HadassahSukkot, I will keep you in prayer.
Back to top Go down
HadassahSukkot

HadassahSukkot

PostSubject: Re: Prayer needed today 2/11/07 - for my sister in law and entir   Prayer needed today 2/11/07 - for my sister in law and entir EmptyFri Nov 09, 2007 11:34 am

Thanks again everyone. This means a lot that you are praying over this.

Mom said my SIL came over again yesterday and is visibly heartbroken, still not speaking much.

I called my grandma since I had gotten a package from her and mom (home-made flannel pj bottoms, long maternity jumpers etc), and talked with her for 20 minutes or so and she asked if I had heard anything from mom about how my SIL was doing. My grandma lost a baby between my mom and youngest aunt, however hers was several months along before it died in utero and she needed surgery to remove him.

She said she felt really bad about it, and who knows, maybe this is something that will draw everyone together and forgive past hurts..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Prayer needed today 2/11/07 - for my sister in law and entir   Prayer needed today 2/11/07 - for my sister in law and entir Empty

Back to top Go down

Prayer needed today 2/11/07 - for my sister in law and entir
Page 1 of 1