A Very Peculiar People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Very Peculiar People

Community for those living Kosher, Organic and Gluten-Free Lives!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Pull apart Monkey bread

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bete'avon!
Admin
Bete'avon!

Number of posts : 578
How long since diagnosed? : 4 years misdiagnosed 15 years
Vegitarian : Partial
Registration date : 2007-10-02

Pull apart Monkey bread Empty
PostSubject: Pull apart Monkey bread   Pull apart Monkey bread EmptyFri Nov 02, 2007 2:29 am

When you see people go at this all at once, pulling pieces off and stuffing their faces with it, you will know why it's called what it is. Wink

I just tried this from a new book I purchased and it was very good. I am going to work on tweeking this a bit and will let you know how it turns out.

In a large ziplock bag put

2 c brown rice flour
1/2 c Tapioca flour
1/2 c potato starch flour
1/2 c natural sugar
3-31/2 teaspoons Xanthun gum
2 1/4 trespoons bread machine yeast
1 1/2 teas salt

zip closed and shake until well blended, making sure that there are no
color lines of the different ingredients showing. Add this slowly to
the mixing wet ingredients.( See below)

In medium bowl lightly beat together 3 large eggs. Then mix together 1/2 organic oil like canola or sunflower with 1/2 cup 105 temp water, and 1 cup of buttermilk that has been set out to warm to room temp with the eggs. Set aside.

If you have a bread maker put eggs directly in there and add other wet ingredients. turn machine onto manual setting and after about 30 seconds of mixing the mixture will turn pale yellow and you can add the dry ingredients.

Set the bread machine to manual or normal cycle or mix by hand, then let rise until doubled in size. This will rise up to the top of the bread machine ( the 1 1/2 lb size)

Meanwhile prepare the topping or coating for each piece

Mix together 3-4 tbls cinnamon ( you can add some nutmeg and cloves if you like a real spicy flavor and some ginger too) to 1/4 cup organic sugar, 1/2 scant teas salt, and 1/2 c white rice flour. put in jar and shake to mix well.Pour out into a med sized bowl.

When it has doubled or first cycle is done, remove bowl from machine being careful to put your hand over the end because it will leak out.

Bring this over to your already prepared bundt pan that has been greased well. Using a large spoon ( unless you want to do this by hand) scoop a heaping amount out, about the size of a tennis ball and drop into the bowl with the topping.

Using a small spoon, sprinkel the mixture over the lump of dough, coating it well, turning to make sure all is coated. Remove from bowl and place in bundt pan. Continue doing this and distributing the 'buns' evenly around pan.

Use remaining topping by adding 2 tbls butter and cut into small crumbs and sprinkle over top of rolls. Bake in a preheated 400 over for about 20-30 minutes. Watching to make sure it doesn't burn. It is done when a bamboo skewer stuck in thickest part comes out clean.

Remove from oven and let set to cool for about 5 minutes. Then invert ( use potholders please) onto a nice plate. You can let it cool or start pulling apart and spread with some butter and enjoy!

I am going to try a couple other combinations, maybe with some nut flour, and adding raisins, and maybe walnuts. These would be sprinkled inbetween the mounds of dough as it is being prepared.

this is great for a breakfast loaf when having company, it breaks the ice too! Serve with some nice Kosher sausage and eggs, or for a lighter touch, with a bowl of fruit salad, don't forget the bananas! .Carrot dude<--------or carrots Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://verypeculiarpeople.forumotion.com
Bete'avon!
Admin
Bete'avon!

Number of posts : 578
How long since diagnosed? : 4 years misdiagnosed 15 years
Vegitarian : Partial
Registration date : 2007-10-02

Pull apart Monkey bread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pull apart Monkey bread   Pull apart Monkey bread EmptyMon Nov 05, 2007 4:29 pm

This went pretty fast , but there still was some left over and I didn't want to throw it out so I tried making french toast with it. I just sliced it in 1 inch thick peices and mixed up a little custard ( milk and eggs) and dipped each piece in for about 30 seconds and fried. It was very good, and you already have the nice cinnamon taste in there. It was a great way to use up the last of this!
Back to top Go down
https://verypeculiarpeople.forumotion.com

Pull apart Monkey bread
Page 1 of 1