A Very Peculiar People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Very Peculiar People

Community for those living Kosher, Organic and Gluten-Free Lives!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

(with almond meal) Banana or Zuchinni bread

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
HadassahSukkot

HadassahSukkot

Number of posts : 254
How long since diagnosed? : a long while now
Registration date : 2007-10-11

(with almond meal) Banana or Zuchinni bread Empty
PostSubject: (with almond meal) Banana or Zuchinni bread   (with almond meal) Banana or Zuchinni bread EmptySat Nov 03, 2007 9:01 am

1/3 cup Canola Oil 2/3 cup Brown Sugar, packed
3 large Eggs 1 tsp. Vanilla
1-3/4 cups GF All Purpose Flour mix 2 tsp. Baking Powder
1-1/4 tsp. Cinnamon 1 tsp. Xanthan Gum (Or equal amount of Guar gum if trying to avoid corn)
1 Tbs Dough Enhancer (I used vanilla pudding mix) 1/2 tsp. Salt
1/2 cup Pecans or Walnuts, chopped 1-1/2 cups Banana, mashed
1/2 cup of almond flour 1/2 cup banana nectar (juice - ONLY use if making banana bread!)

If you are making the Zuchinni bread, toss the two zuchinnis it takes to make sliced into a blender. Add the oil and puree it on your smoothie (or highest) setting. Then put this in your GF bread machine or bowl and mix as usual.

The banana bread is too thick without the added juice for it to mix and form well.

Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease 9x5-inch non-stick loaf pan. Cream together oil, sugar, eggs, and vanilla in large bowl with eletric mixer. Add flour, xanthan gum, salt, baking powder and cinnamon to egg mixture, alternating with bananas. Beat until smooth. Stir in nuts and raisins. Batter will be somewhat soft. Transfer to pan. Bake for 1 hour. Serves 10.
Back to top Go down
Yentl

Yentl

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2007-10-08

PostSubject: Re: (with almond meal) Banana or Zuchinni bread   (with almond meal) Banana or Zuchinni bread EmptyWed Nov 07, 2007 12:50 am

Wish I had this recipe when the zucchini was in.I have made this before, pre GF days. I am wondering about the pureeing of the zucchini, I have always shredded it and tossed with a bit of flour, is there a special reason for pureeing it?
Back to top Go down
HadassahSukkot

HadassahSukkot

Number of posts : 254
How long since diagnosed? : a long while now
Registration date : 2007-10-11

PostSubject: Re: (with almond meal) Banana or Zuchinni bread   (with almond meal) Banana or Zuchinni bread EmptyWed Nov 07, 2007 11:05 am

i dont have a food processor, and the only way I have to shred it would involve hours with a cheese grater. LOL

Plus I was experimenting to see if I could hide it successfully in bread for a friend whose daughter has been refusing to eat veggies and fruit and also has CD.

It worked! I just put it in the blender and let er go!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: (with almond meal) Banana or Zuchinni bread   (with almond meal) Banana or Zuchinni bread Empty

Back to top Go down

(with almond meal) Banana or Zuchinni bread
Page 1 of 1