A Very Peculiar People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Very Peculiar People

Community for those living Kosher, Organic and Gluten-Free Lives!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Best CornBread by far!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bete'avon!
Admin
Bete'avon!

Number of posts : 578
How long since diagnosed? : 4 years misdiagnosed 15 years
Vegitarian : Partial
Registration date : 2007-10-02

Best CornBread by far! Empty
PostSubject: Best CornBread by far!   Best CornBread by far! EmptyWed Jan 09, 2008 2:59 am

We love cornbread, with chili and soups and even breakfast! So I have been trying as many recipes as I can. As you know I have a group study over and I make them dinner. This week I made a Curried Red Lentil soup with lamb sausage and wanted corn bread to go with it. I served a salad of greens with mandarin oranges, sliced almonds and sunflower seeds topped with a Sesame ginger orange vinegrette I made. I served the salad and brought in the cornbread to be followed up by the soup. When I got back to collect the bowls they were already digging into the cornbread! I had to tell them to wait to save it for the soup!

We had a new couple this week and I told them of my cooking limitations and the wifes comment was ' I don't have a problem with this' as she was eating the dessert, a light ginger bread mini loaf , split with whipped cream down the middle, topped with orange zest, crasins, toasted almonds and drizzled with caramel sauce. Smile

The comments were all favorable and I was asked for the recipe by 2/3 of the group! One of the men told me it was the best he had ever had and his grandmother used to make some really good and taught him. He wanted the recipe too. It was very moist, and not gritty.

Recipe from Mary Ann Wenninger

In large bowl measure these into

1/2 Cup each: corn flour, rice flour, fine yellow corn meal, sugar

1 tablespoon xanthan gum
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teas salt
( you can add some cayenne pepper or dried onion powder, garlic, or other herbs too)

Mix all these ingredients together well, push aside a well in dry ingredients and add 2 eggs, and 1/2 cup each oil and water. Mix well until all dry are incorporated with large spoon or spatula. Turn out into well greased and floured with rice flour pie pan for wedges, or loaf pan for slices.

Bake in preheated 400 oven for 15 mintues or until nicely browned on top. Test with toothpick. Let sit one minute, then turn out unto cooling rack. Makes about 10-12 slice, or 8 large 'pie slices'. Buttered or not this is great cornbread!
Back to top Go down
https://verypeculiarpeople.forumotion.com

Best CornBread by far!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
A Very Peculiar People :: Recipe Swap :: Breads, crackers, snacks-
Jump to: