A Very Peculiar People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Very Peculiar People

Community for those living Kosher, Organic and Gluten-Free Lives!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Wonderful GF Meatloaf Dinner

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bete'avon!
Admin
Bete'avon!

Number of posts : 578
How long since diagnosed? : 4 years misdiagnosed 15 years
Vegitarian : Partial
Registration date : 2007-10-02

Wonderful GF Meatloaf Dinner Empty
PostSubject: Wonderful GF Meatloaf Dinner   Wonderful GF Meatloaf Dinner EmptyMon Nov 05, 2007 4:26 pm

I made this last night and my husband loved it so much he made me promise to write down before I forget, how I made it, so here goes. Smile

Exotic Meatloaf

6-7 baby carrots from a 1lb bag of peeled RTE baby carrots
1 small ( size of lime) yellow onion peeled and cut into 6 pieces
3-4 cloves garlic
1/2 small red pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
Handful fresh parsley

Put carrots in processor and hit pulse about 8 times, add onion and garlic to
processor and process, 10 seconds. Add red pepper and parsley, process another 5-6 seconds.

2 eggs

2 tbls GF mayo ( I use Hellmans)

1-2 tbls Worchertershire sauce

S&P

1/4 to 1/2 tea cumin and 1/2 tea cinnamon
GF bread crumbs, about 1/2 cup ( I used chopped up rice bagels that I had thouroughly dried in the oven)

Now add eggs, mayo, worchertershire sauce, and spices and bread crumbs and process 10 seconds more. It should look now like all ingredients are well blended but you can still see small bits of parsley, pepper and carrots, if bigger chunks, process a bit more, don't overdo.

1 lb Organic Kosher beef ( I used Solomons)

Now add the ground beef, 1/4 of it at a time and set around the inside of processor bowl. Process until you see it all incorporated with the other mixture. You should stop once to scrap down with a spatula.

Place in small loaf pan or form on a cookie sheet that is covered with foil for easy clean up. Top with homemade special sauce ( see recipe below) Bake at 3:50 for 35-45 minutes or until you see the sauce boiling.

Spicy Sweet Meatloaf topping sauce.

1/4 C organic ketsup
1 tbls GF dijon mustard
1/4 C loose brown sugar ( don't pack it down in measuring cup)
1/2 tea onion powder
1/4 water

Put all ingredients into a small saucepan. Bring to boil, let boil, stirring for about 3 minutes. Turn off burner. Let cool slightly before pouring over meatloaf. If using a loaf pan, using a skewer poke and wiggle about every 1/2 inch down through meat to allow sauce to penetrate the loaf. Go down along sides with skewer as well. This makes a wonderful gravy to go with potatos or rice served with it.

To go with this great differently spiced Meatload I made Creamy Mashed Potatoes

2-3 lbs potatos, scrubed and half peeled ( save some skin for fiber) Cubed
1/2 stick butter
1/3 cup of sour cream
1/2 cup light cream

Cook potatoes until tender but not mushy. Drain. return to pan burner on med low. Wait until water is boiled off then mash with hand masher. In a separate small pot while potatoes are cooking, heat butter with a bit of salt and the cream. When potatoes are mashed add the butter/cream to them, 1/2 at a time, stirring in the first amount thouroughly before adding the rest. Now add the sourcream and also some chives if you wish.

This spicy sweet carrots rounded out the meal

Honey Glazed Carrots

Here is where the rest of that bag of carrots goes. Smile

1 lb. bag carrots ( minus what you used for the meatloaf)

In a round cake pan put 2 tbsp butter and 2 tbls organic honey
Put this in the oven turned to 400.

Let butter melt and honey start to release some water. After 6-7 minutes remove from oven and grate some fresh nutmeg ( about 1/4 teas) over butter and honey mixture. stir, now carefully add the carrots and stir to coat.

Return to oven and bake for 15 mintues. Lower oven to 350 and continue to bake with the meatloaf another 30-40 minutes.

When the carrots and meatloaf are in, now is the time to start cooking the peeled and cubed potatoes, they will finnish just in time to be hot with the meatloaf and carrots.

I got a Super Fabulous! rating for this dinner, and for me, I ate more than I should have but didn't get sick! I can't wait to get at the leftovers tonight! A- OK
Back to top Go down
https://verypeculiarpeople.forumotion.com

Wonderful GF Meatloaf Dinner
Page 1 of 1