A Very Peculiar People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Very Peculiar People

Community for those living Kosher, Organic and Gluten-Free Lives!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Rolled Oat Crackers

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
HadassahSukkot

HadassahSukkot

Number of posts : 254
How long since diagnosed? : a long while now
Registration date : 2007-10-11

Rolled Oat Crackers Empty
PostSubject: Rolled Oat Crackers   Rolled Oat Crackers EmptySun Dec 30, 2007 12:10 pm

1 1/2 c Rolled oats
1 c Flour
1/2 c almond flour
1 tsp xanthan or guar gum
1/2 ts Salt
1/3 c Oil
2/3 c Water

Mix dry and wet ingredients separately. Then combine them
together.

Roll out dough 1/8 inch thick onto an oiled cookie sheet.

Score and bake at 325F for 25 to 30 minutes.
Back to top Go down
Bete'avon!
Admin
Bete'avon!

Number of posts : 578
How long since diagnosed? : 4 years misdiagnosed 15 years
Vegitarian : Partial
Registration date : 2007-10-02

PostSubject: Re: Rolled Oat Crackers   Rolled Oat Crackers EmptySun Jan 13, 2008 7:45 am

Is that 1 cup flour an GF all purpose flour or can any be used? rice, potato, corn starch?

I do want to try these, are they very hard, crispy? I am tired of crispy so much it hurts the gums, if you KWIM? Smile I long for a buttery, flaky cracker.. I have the GF oats, they are so expensive though, so don't want to waste them................................
Back to top Go down
https://verypeculiarpeople.forumotion.com
HadassahSukkot

HadassahSukkot

PostSubject: Re: Rolled Oat Crackers   Rolled Oat Crackers EmptyFri Jan 18, 2008 11:27 am

I believe this is Bette Hagman's 6 cups rice flour, 3 cups potato starch and 1 cup tapioca GF mix.

I'll make these today and let you know. I seem to remember them as not being that hard, but it's been over 6 months since I had some... so don't trust me on that just yet Suspect
Back to top Go down
Bete'avon!
Admin
Bete'avon!

PostSubject: Re: Rolled Oat Crackers   Rolled Oat Crackers EmptyFri Jan 18, 2008 4:49 pm

OK, will wait to hear
Back to top Go down
HadassahSukkot

HadassahSukkot

PostSubject: Re: Rolled Oat Crackers   Rolled Oat Crackers EmptySun Jan 20, 2008 10:44 am

My weekend has been a complete nightmare in some respects.. so I have just now gotten to making these. I am so sorry Embarassed.

Our landlords (both of them) wanted to come here at 10am yesterday to get the meter readings, find out what issues we were having with the apartment, tour it etc... and we did not find out until Sabbath was already upon us. Rolling Eyes They literally called after 6pm when the sun was already down. (We've been moving DH in and renovating a little so it was a nightmare to say the least)

I woke up on Shabbat to hear our radiators making an awful racket and the neighbors upstairs were still cleaning up their apartment. I couldn't move and the baby was obviously upset by the noise so I rubbed my belly while DH went to check it out. After adjusting each of the radiators a little, it stopped Suspect I think there's air trapped in there somewhere... So, since I was up at 3:30.. I ended up picking up and setting the table, putting away our trash (it's divided by paper, plastic/metal/styrofoam, trash & organic), putting items that were misplaced into their proper homes, packing a small package for my mom with items she needed sent back to her, organizing the laundry and a full 'face lift' of each room I had been in... DH woke around 8 to do the swift vacuum run thru and pick up in our room. I jumped in the shower and got done just in time.

It was nuts! No
Things settled later and turned out ok, but it really messed up everything. We were at my inlaws for dinner (4-7:40pm), and got a call asking if we were available for a game night after 8 with some friends, so that's what we did from 8-almost midnight. silent

Anyway... I made mine, sprinkled them with sesame seeds and lightly with salt and had them in the oven for about 27 minutes.

Here is what it turned out:

Rolled Oat Crackers 100_8053

Right now they are a little soft, but I think they will turn out crunchy if I give it a few more minutes.
Back to top Go down
HadassahSukkot

HadassahSukkot

PostSubject: Re: Rolled Oat Crackers   Rolled Oat Crackers EmptyMon Jan 21, 2008 8:54 am

these are still soft today Smile
Back to top Go down
Bete'avon!
Admin
Bete'avon!

PostSubject: Re: Rolled Oat Crackers   Rolled Oat Crackers EmptyMon Jan 21, 2008 1:32 pm

Cool! will have to try.

Sorry your shabbat was so horrendous! After Shabbat was over we went to see National Treasure II, did you see I? This was even a bit better, not bad for a sequel. But the car chase in London was a bit crazy and fast and frightening, not to mention unbelievable. Wink But it was good.
Back to top Go down
HadassahSukkot

HadassahSukkot

PostSubject: Re: Rolled Oat Crackers   Rolled Oat Crackers EmptyMon Jan 21, 2008 4:45 pm

I haven't seen that one. I didn't watch the first one.. so I guess when it's out here in OV (Original version) Maybe DH and I will rent the first, watch and then go to the cinema to check it out.

I did finally see "Enchanted" though, and it was really good. Disney definitely stepped up to the plate for that one. I laughed so hard, and man was the singing and dancing GREAT!
The main character (An almost princess) sewed her own outfits in two scenes and it was stinking hilarious where she picked the fabrics from.. not to mention her little animal cleaning help!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rolled Oat Crackers   Rolled Oat Crackers Empty

Back to top Go down

Rolled Oat Crackers
Page 1 of 1