A Very Peculiar People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Very Peculiar People

Community for those living Kosher, Organic and Gluten-Free Lives!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mock Sangria

Go down 
AuthorMessage
HadassahSukkot

HadassahSukkot

Number of posts : 254
How long since diagnosed? : a long while now
Registration date : 2007-10-11

Mock Sangria Empty
PostSubject: Mock Sangria   Mock Sangria EmptyFri Jan 25, 2008 12:20 pm

OK, I don't know about you guys, but I have a hard time finding GF alcoholic drinks as well as non-alcoholic flavored drinks... so I figured this would be a welcome addition.

There was one place in Alabama I could go to when I lived there (Mexican store) to get non-alcoholic sangria.. alas we have no such thing here.

From "The Kosher Cookery" page 357 (no, I didn't keep this one since I was really depressed about how many hundreds of recipes were not GF and were simply repeats of others in my kosher cookbook collection. Crying or Very sad )

Mock Sangria:

Makes 3 quarts

2 bottles (25 ounces each) purple grape juice, well chilled
1 bottle (28 ounces) club soda, chilled
1 Orange, sliced
1 lemon, sliced
1 apple, cored and sliced but unpeeled
half of a small pineapple, peeled and cut into small chunks

In a large pitcher or punch bowl, combine the chilled grape juice and club soda. Add the orange, lemon and apple slices, then add the pineapple chunks. Add a tray of ice cubes. MIx all the ingredients and serve.

Note: the ice cubes to be used in this punch may be enhanced by freezing a slice of orange or lemon or a piece of pineapple in each cube
Back to top Go down

Mock Sangria
Page 1 of 1