A Very Peculiar People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Very Peculiar People

Community for those living Kosher, Organic and Gluten-Free Lives!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Honest Kitchen Gluten Free dehydrated Dog and Cat food

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bete'avon!
Admin
Bete'avon!

Number of posts : 578
How long since diagnosed? : 4 years misdiagnosed 15 years
Vegitarian : Partial
Registration date : 2007-10-02

Honest Kitchen  Gluten Free dehydrated Dog and Cat food Empty
PostSubject: Honest Kitchen Gluten Free dehydrated Dog and Cat food   Honest Kitchen  Gluten Free dehydrated Dog and Cat food EmptyWed Mar 12, 2008 6:38 pm

Ever heard of this?

Honest Kitchen has some formulas that don't contain any gluten carrying ingredients.

Check this out

THE HONEST KITCHEN

Introducing a new & innovative approach to canine nutrition: Natural, delicious, dehydrated raw dog food. These tasty foods combine the wholesomeness of a home made diet with the convenience of an easy-to-prepare, scientifically balanced blend. They are 100% human grade dog food and our commitment is to the absolute highest quality ingredients and manufacturing procedures.

All of our dog food and dehydrated raw dog food products are formulated to meet the AAFCO nutrient profiles for dogs and you don't have to add anything to make them 'complete'. However, the original idea behind these diets was as a base for a raw or other fresh homemade diet and to facilitate that, they are somewhat 'lite' in terms of fat and protein, so that your own choice of raw, or cooked, meat can be added, if desired.

It is entirely a matter of personal choice (and your dog's taste!) whether you add in extra meat and other ingredients, or not. Most people with younger and more active dogs like to mix in the additional meat, and those with senior or overweight animals usually prefer to feed the organic dog food alone. Please call or email if you would like to discuss what is right for your dog, or if you have any questions regarding our organic dog food products.

The Honest Kitchen supplies pet owners with the best in fresh dehydrated raw dog food and other organic dog food products.
Back to top Go down
https://verypeculiarpeople.forumotion.com
Bete'avon!
Admin
Bete'avon!

PostSubject: Dehydrated raw pet food with passion and principles   Honest Kitchen  Gluten Free dehydrated Dog and Cat food EmptyWed Mar 12, 2008 6:40 pm

The Honest Kitchen

People Food - Formulated for Pets!

Our healthy, dehydrated raw pet foods offer a way to create fresh, natural meals for your pet in the comfort of your home. No cooking and no freezers required!

We use 100% organic grains, hormone / antibiotic-free meats and non-GMO produce. All ingredients are guaranteed 100% Human Food Grade.

We are committed to providing nourishing products for cats and dogs, to promote health, vitality and well-being.

Our products are developed and produced with uncompromising quality and attention to detail. No expense is spared, in our superior ingredients and state of the art manufacturing which takes place in a human food facility right here in California, for complete peace of mind.
Back to top Go down
Bete'avon!
Admin
Bete'avon!

PostSubject: Re: Honest Kitchen Gluten Free dehydrated Dog and Cat food   Honest Kitchen  Gluten Free dehydrated Dog and Cat food EmptyWed Mar 12, 2008 6:41 pm

Sign up for the newsletter and special offers, look on the left hand column on this page

http://www.thehonestkitchen.com/index.shtml
Back to top Go down
Bete'avon!
Admin
Bete'avon!

PostSubject: THRIVE   Honest Kitchen  Gluten Free dehydrated Dog and Cat food EmptyWed Mar 12, 2008 6:44 pm

Thrive formula

Natural, Gluten-free Dehydrated Raw Dog Food

Thrive:

(v.) Flourish, Bloom, Blossom, Be Radiant, Picture of Health

Brand New! Thrive is our gluten-free, low carbohydrate dog food. This diet was designed to cater to dogs of all life stages including adults, puppies, pregnancy and nursing. Thrive is ideal for sensitive dogs who need gluten-free dog food but with a little grain, to help maintain a healthy body weight.

Thrive is very minimalist, nourishing diet which is also recommended for dogs with sensitivities: It contains NO fruits, potatoes or flax.

Ingredients

Hormone-free Chicken, Organic Quinoa, Sweet Potatoes, Spinach, Parsley, Organic Kelp, Rosemary, Vitamins and Minerals

Suitable For

All life stages; puppies, pregnancy, lactation, active adult dogs & healthy seniors. Thrive is naturally low-carb, with just 37% carbohydrates. Low carb diets are often indicated as part of a holistic approach to cancer recovery.

Never heard of Quinoa? Pronounced Keen-Wah, it's a treasured ancient grain from Bolivia in South America. Our Quinoa is fair-trade, sustainably grown and 100% certified organic.

Naturally gluten-free, Quinoa is a valuable source of complete protein. It contains every single amino acid and is especially well-endowed with the amino acid lysine, which is essential for tissue growth and repair. In addition to protein, quinoa features a host of other health-building nutrients.

This is great that it contains quinoa, I know that is good for us to have in our breads, one of the most healthiest flours we can use!
Back to top Go down
Bete'avon!
Admin
Bete'avon!

PostSubject: Re: Honest Kitchen Gluten Free dehydrated Dog and Cat food   Honest Kitchen  Gluten Free dehydrated Dog and Cat food EmptyWed Mar 12, 2008 6:48 pm

Thrive Nutritional Analysis (Dry Matter Basis)

Protein---------------26.0% (min)
Fat---------------18.0% (min)
Fiber-----------6.5% (max)
Moisture------------7.5% (max)
Calcium-----------1.2% (min)--1.4% (max)
Phosphorus----------0.9% (min)--1.0% (max)
Magnesium----------0.3% (min)-- 0.39% (max)
Sodium----------------0.31% (max)
Folic Acid ----------------1.6% mg/kg

Each of our foods contains the following, 100% human food grade, vitamin-mineral premix: tricalcium phosphate, choline chloride, zinc amino acid chelate, vitamin D3 supplement, vitamin E supplement, potassium chloride, iron amino acid chelate, copper amino acid chelate.

Complete AAFCO nutrient profile available upon request. For serving suggestions see our feeding guidelines.
Back to top Go down
Bete'avon!
Admin
Bete'avon!

PostSubject: Re: Honest Kitchen Gluten Free dehydrated Dog and Cat food   Honest Kitchen  Gluten Free dehydrated Dog and Cat food EmptyWed Mar 12, 2008 6:50 pm

It is sold in 4lb and 10lb, travel and sample sizes.

4lb bag will make 17 lbs of dog food
Back to top Go down
Bete'avon!
Admin
Bete'avon!

PostSubject: Force - Also GF!   Honest Kitchen  Gluten Free dehydrated Dog and Cat food EmptyWed Mar 12, 2008 6:53 pm

This is another formula of theirs that is GF

FORCE

Force
n. Strength or Power, Dynamism, Might, Energy, Life.
Our original grain free dog food, we designed Force for dogs with sensitive stomachs and chronic ailments related to the consumption of glutinous grains. Force, like all of our diets, is a wheat-free dog food. It is also a gluten-free dog food.

Ingredients

Quote :
Hormone-free chicken, organic flaxseed, potatoes, celery, sweet potatoes, apples, alfalfa, organic kelp, honey, zucchini, green beans, cabbage, bananas, papayas, yogurt, basil, garlic and rosemary.

Suitable for

Adult maintenance; sensitive dogs; moderate activity levels.

These ingredients are a bit different, they may produce some not so welcome gas in your pet, but worth trying, use their travel size to check it out to see before purchasing a large amount. I never! Smile
Back to top Go down
Bete'avon!
Admin
Bete'avon!

PostSubject: Re: Honest Kitchen Gluten Free dehydrated Dog and Cat food   Honest Kitchen  Gluten Free dehydrated Dog and Cat food EmptyWed Mar 12, 2008 7:20 pm

I just ordered some from their site, I checked amazon and with their amount of shipping it was a wash out so I went straight with the company and was able to get a travel size of the Force to try as well.

I'll let you know when I get it and how my babydoll likes it. Smile
Back to top Go down
Bete'avon!
Admin
Bete'avon!

PostSubject: Re: Honest Kitchen Gluten Free dehydrated Dog and Cat food   Honest Kitchen  Gluten Free dehydrated Dog and Cat food EmptyThu Apr 03, 2008 5:46 pm

Well, we rec'd the order promptly and I started mixing it in with the food we already were using. And sadly, out of all the different foods I have been switching her to this past few months she really doesn't like this. She leaves half of it in her bowl and I am mixing it with ground turkey, yams and rice along with the kibble. So I stopped feeding her this. I will try and mix it into some other ingredients to make her some Gluten free bisquits , maybe finnish it up that way. Now this was the Thrive. I did get a sample pack of the Force, which she may like better.

I have been trying to diagnose just what it is she isn't caring for and I think its the spinach, it seems to be heavy with that smell and taste probably, and also parsely and kelp, I think it's just too much cholorophil, she isn't the kind to eat grass all that often, maybe once or twice a year. Other dogs that like to graze may really love this, who knows!

We will eventually try the Force, but for now we are letting her take a rest with her newly found food . ( see post on Eagle Point).

hello
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Honest Kitchen Gluten Free dehydrated Dog and Cat food   Honest Kitchen  Gluten Free dehydrated Dog and Cat food Empty

Back to top Go down

Honest Kitchen Gluten Free dehydrated Dog and Cat food
Page 1 of 1