A Very Peculiar People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Very Peculiar People

Community for those living Kosher, Organic and Gluten-Free Lives!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New company that has great gluten free products

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
HadassahSukkot

HadassahSukkot

Number of posts : 254
How long since diagnosed? : a long while now
Registration date : 2007-10-11

New company that has great gluten free products Empty
PostSubject: New company that has great gluten free products   New company that has great gluten free products EmptyWed Jul 02, 2008 4:28 am

We found a new company here in Germany that offers an array of gluten free items.

"DS 4 you"

DS4you.com

They have everything from pizza to cookies and .... icecream cones & icecream sandwiches. they even have a gluten free phyllo dough!
cheers

We have found them at the larger grocery stores and one gluten free store in Karlsruhe. I am in love... in Love
Back to top Go down
Bete'avon!
Admin
Bete'avon!

Number of posts : 578
How long since diagnosed? : 4 years misdiagnosed 15 years
Vegitarian : Partial
Registration date : 2007-10-02

PostSubject: Re: New company that has great gluten free products   New company that has great gluten free products EmptyThu Jul 03, 2008 9:09 pm

Congratulations, have you tried their products yet? Give a review. Smile
Back to top Go down
https://verypeculiarpeople.forumotion.com
HadassahSukkot

HadassahSukkot

Number of posts : 254
How long since diagnosed? : a long while now
Registration date : 2007-10-11

PostSubject: Re: New company that has great gluten free products   New company that has great gluten free products EmptyWed Jul 23, 2008 6:50 pm

Yes.

I've tried their deep dish mozzerella pizza, and it is good. I think it needs just a tad more salt though. It tastes a bit like Dominoes pizza, and is good on a day you want something like that.

I have also tried their thin crust pizza, which to me tastes about like CeCe's Pizza used to in the 80s, or Little Caesar's still does. Needs no extra salt, and hands down is my favorite of the two. Once in a while though I want the thick crust pizza.

The Fusilli pasta is absolutely awesome for Alfredo or spaghetti. The only thing is, you have to cook it "Just so".. so the pastas are up to DH to cook. They are all corn based so they taste kind of 'off' if not done right.

The Penne is great also for alfredo or spaghetti. I imagine it would be good in a pasta salad if you're up to that kind of thing.

The Ravioli is really good. I never did like that kind of thing before though.

Their Icecream Cones... are to die for! say what?? I absolutely love these with a passion!!!! They equal any gluten cones HANDS DOWN!!!!!

The Tiramisu.. um YUCK!!! No Best to make that one by hand from scratch. It had a yucky aftertaste, and tasted better frozen than in the fridge like it says to do. I have NEVER had such nasty Tiramisu before. silent

The Icecream sandwiches.. I wanted to cry when I found them. They are so cute, so good.. they taste just like the gluten ones to me. The only downfall is that they are so small (about the size of the inside of your palm), and if you don't freeze them well before eating them, the icecream tends to slide out of the sandwich. Frozen properly however, AWESOME.

The Zweiback bread... only good for toasting and putting butter and jam/honey/jelly on. I didn't like it enough to buy again. DH however.. is another story.

The White Bread, JUST like Gluten Whitebread, just smaller portion size. This is a definite buy again and again and again so I can have sandwiches. I have not been able to make a successful loaf that I could say the same about (make again and again). My mom liked it so much, she bought herself a loaf to use when she was going to fly back home.

Their Hamburger buns, not joking, are like the ones we always got for BBQs when my dad was in the Navy. Awesome sesame seed buns!! They hold together really well, and are the large hamburger bun types. It's so tempting to make a bigger hamburger just for these!! These come in the freezer section at the local store.

I am still unimpressed with their cereal. They offer two kinds. "Breakfast Pops" which are chocolate "Kix" really... and are NOT that great in cereal. It becomes soggy fast, and gives you grainy chocolate milk. BLECH. However, dry-- they are OK as a snack.

The Cornflakes are... a lot like Special K. Unimpressive, soggy fast (like 3 minutes or less) and not that crunchy. They make a good muffin though. Cereal, not even great dry.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New company that has great gluten free products   New company that has great gluten free products Empty

Back to top Go down

New company that has great gluten free products
Page 1 of 1