A Very Peculiar People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Very Peculiar People

Community for those living Kosher, Organic and Gluten-Free Lives!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

No Frills Chocolate Cake

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
HadassahSukkot

HadassahSukkot

Number of posts : 254
How long since diagnosed? : a long while now
Registration date : 2007-10-11

No Frills Chocolate Cake Empty
PostSubject: No Frills Chocolate Cake   No Frills Chocolate Cake EmptyFri Feb 01, 2008 3:02 pm

This looks so good! Sign me up for fixing this tomorrow night... it looks so good, I think I might actually dream about it.

No Frills Chocolate Cake

This one comes to my cookbook via Gluten Free Mommy. I figure you guys will be drooling over this one too! in Love
Back to top Go down
Bete'avon!
Admin
Bete'avon!

Number of posts : 578
How long since diagnosed? : 4 years misdiagnosed 15 years
Vegitarian : Partial
Registration date : 2007-10-02

PostSubject: Re: No Frills Chocolate Cake   No Frills Chocolate Cake EmptyMon Feb 04, 2008 6:27 pm

Let me know how it turns out. I have just about given up on ever having a decent chocolate cake again, even the Cherrybrook one ( whose non GF mix I loved so much, even frosting less!) it is so oooooooooooooo dry, I gag on it, even topped with ice cream. I tried to add eggs to it to make it mor palatable cut not any help!

So let me know, I have all the ingredients, but I just threw away half a Cherrybrook cake ( at almost $6 for the mix) so I am leary to try right now. pale
Back to top Go down
https://verypeculiarpeople.forumotion.com
HadassahSukkot

HadassahSukkot

PostSubject: Re: No Frills Chocolate Cake   No Frills Chocolate Cake EmptyWed Feb 06, 2008 2:59 am

I had no sorghum, so I subbed corn starch in this one. (mom said I should have used fine corn flour or just rice flour)

Other than my making this cake fall in the oven (I have a bad habit of this... remind me next time I make a cake to not go in the kitchen, or walk around in the bedroom behind it... Smile The cake came out beautifully! I even left a review on her site Shocked

I froze 3/4ths of the cake, and made the icing last night to go with it, so after we had some Salad Nicoise, we had chocolate cake with icecream! It goes great together with the icecream, so I know I kept those cake crumbs for something!! LOL (I'll be making myself a "Blizzard" like they do at Dairy Queen!! lol!)

This probably wouldn't have fallen with it having the sorghum. Cornstarch tends to be a bit 'flakey' when you use it in some recipes...

To be honest, the cake batter itself made up so thick I wasn't sure if it would really come out like it should Suspect, but it did! cheers It came out all fluffy in the center like a "box cake" that is glutenous!
Back to top Go down
Bete'avon!
Admin
Bete'avon!

PostSubject: Re: No Frills Chocolate Cake   No Frills Chocolate Cake EmptyWed Feb 06, 2008 4:15 pm

What about the moistness? That is my main concern with chocolate cakes, and why I won't waste anymore money on Cherrybrooks.
Back to top Go down
HadassahSukkot

HadassahSukkot

PostSubject: Re: No Frills Chocolate Cake   No Frills Chocolate Cake EmptyThu Feb 07, 2008 10:27 am

Oh, it's certainly moist! I had a peice today that I put in a ziplock bag the night I made it... and it was still moist! Very Happy

Me sooooo happy! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Bete'avon!
Admin
Bete'avon!

PostSubject: Re: No Frills Chocolate Cake   No Frills Chocolate Cake EmptyTue Mar 25, 2008 2:58 am

I'll have to try it, meanwhile I have found a mix, ready made that is wonderful.................look for my review. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: No Frills Chocolate Cake   No Frills Chocolate Cake Empty

Back to top Go down

No Frills Chocolate Cake
Page 1 of 1