A Very Peculiar People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Very Peculiar People

Community for those living Kosher, Organic and Gluten-Free Lives!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Update from Dr -- Baby and me are juuuust fine!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
HadassahSukkot

HadassahSukkot

Number of posts : 254
How long since diagnosed? : a long while now
Registration date : 2007-10-11

Update from Dr -- Baby and me are juuuust fine! Empty
PostSubject: Update from Dr -- Baby and me are juuuust fine!   Update from Dr -- Baby and me are juuuust fine! EmptyThu Feb 07, 2008 5:33 pm

Ok, I had to share... What a Face

Baby's found his feet, and is still transverse (head to right, feet sometimes to the left, but currently as of the last day or so to the right by his head)... Laughing but otherwise fine and dandy!

He's measuring large still, but the doctor is happy and pleased, I have no fluid retention (thank you L-rd!), the placenta looks good (though Dr wishes it were somewhat higher), and baby was playing when he examined and when he did the ultrasound.

This explains why I felt him move like I did the last two days in a row (a weird turn and 'flop') and why I am feeling his kicks so hard.. the li'l stinker has them up so high!!

Apparently "bellybean" Has decided that not only hands are fun, and fingers to suck on.. but feet are too! lol!

Update from Dr -- Baby and me are juuuust fine! Bellybean-wk25

What a Face 'Baby bean' measuring in around 26 weeks and a few days, and he's not quite 25 weeks old!
Back to top Go down
Bete'avon!
Admin
Bete'avon!

Number of posts : 578
How long since diagnosed? : 4 years misdiagnosed 15 years
Vegitarian : Partial
Registration date : 2007-10-02

PostSubject: Re: Update from Dr -- Baby and me are juuuust fine!   Update from Dr -- Baby and me are juuuust fine! EmptySat Feb 09, 2008 3:33 pm

How wonderful! Hug

I am so glad to hear you are doing so well, and no water retention, how did you manage that! Smile

No Heartburn either! You are blessed for sure!

I pray that it will continue this way thorughout your pregnancy and have a happy and healthy delivery! B'H!angel on harp
Back to top Go down
https://verypeculiarpeople.forumotion.com
HadassahSukkot

HadassahSukkot

PostSubject: Re: Update from Dr -- Baby and me are juuuust fine!   Update from Dr -- Baby and me are juuuust fine! EmptySun Feb 10, 2008 3:40 am

To be honest, I'm a little suprised as well. I go in and have my BP measured and it's always normal or a little low (120/60 or 110/60), weight gradually is getting up there thought it was touch and go for about 9 weeks... (I was getting worried about not gaining much)

I think it has something to do with how and what I eat more than anything else, but I can't be 100% on that. I missed class on Friday, baby was playing too much in the wee hours while I was trying to get some REM in, and had been obviously kicking my pelvis and I could hardly move to even turn over. I stayed in bed except for getting food and making potty runs. Neutral I thought I was going to lose my mind there for a bit.

I poked around some yesterday and organized his clothes. Since DH sleeps so late on the weekends I have to find really quiet tasks to do so he can rest.. and that causes me to get creative at times.

Mom had sent three boxes which just arrived on Friday afternoon (and yep, I ended up carrying them upstairs), and I had some rubbermaid containers in them - my craft supplies to make Tzitziot (yay!) and some cross stitch items, but no books or thread.. so for now I'll stick with the little packaged patterns I have had sent to me.

I started on one yesterday, it's a little lamb with a bee and flower. I put it in one of those small oval rings so I can use it as a 'change out' for our welcome sign on the front door. We got one for the fall and never changed to a winter one. We have a June-August applicable one that's on our bedroom door... Laughing

I figure I can make this one, and around the edge put 'Willkommen' and on the bottom 'Familie ________' in backstitching, and we can use it every year, or if I don't put the "Familie ______" On it, I can put it just outside the baby's room.

I need to find some curtains before long, as we'll be taking down the door that's currently in the room to give us more wall and floor space. That room was honestly badly planned when they put the walls around it. scratch It's kind of an L shape, but kind of not.. More like a rectangle with a square attached.

We have just enough room on one side to put DH's old single bed and night stand, a lambskin "carpet", then we have his L shaped corner desk against that. The window has a radiator unit under the marble shelf, so nothing can go in front of it except the computer chair we'll eventually get and the carpet we'll have under it (which is beside it now so DH can play with his dance program on the computer and not fall on the hardwood floor), and on the opposite wall there is enough room to put a bookshelf or dresser and crib + carpet.

I have been pricing with Ikea and I think we can do the baby's room for under 200, and if we are really careful for under 100. I found one of the baby cribs on sale online for 39 Euro last night. I think they're trying to get rid of it... it's 100% birch, but it doesn't convert into a children's bed after like the one I really liked... which is OK since I know it will store well otherwise.

I found the birchwood children's table and chairs for about 18 Euro, so I put it on my wishlist. DH mentioned something about someone ""hypothetically"" asking if we had a list of needs for the baby and what they were, so I put him an email together of what was on my list, incl cloth diapers lol! and which Ebay sellers or websites had the ones we liked and know work well.

From what I've been sent thus far, it looks like baby is almost completely clothed through his first year. The only thing we really need is more hats and socks! LOL! Mom thought that was kind of funny... he has pants and shirts, overalls and sleepers, onesies and blankets, jackets and two snow suits that are to die for... but only four pairs of socks and three hats.

I told mom I'll keep my eye out here and put that on my list here, as well as if she can let me know when they have a sale on baby socks at home, since everything is so pricey here when it comes to baby clothing. Funny how baby articles are cheaper, but clothing is twice what it is at home.. scratch

I picked out what we'll have baby come home in. Socks from MIL, hat and sleeper with "soft hands" and a cloth diaper in case we aren't given any (I dunno what the protocol is at the hospitals here just yet), and a blanket that MIL was given for us and some pacifiers that a friend gave us for newborns... We haven't a baby carrier yet so I didn't get that Wink

I haven't decided what I want just yet, so I won't pull that out until the next few weeks. I figure I probably have time. Housecoat and long PJs are a must, since I figure i'll have a rather active up/down birth and will want to be as modest as can be compared to how German OB practices are different from American...
Embarassed

I wonder, do you think maybe the fruit I've been eating has something to do with the non-existant water retention? I keep so busy I hadn't really examined that aspect...
Back to top Go down
Bete'avon!
Admin
Bete'avon!

PostSubject: Re: Update from Dr -- Baby and me are juuuust fine!   Update from Dr -- Baby and me are juuuust fine! EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 3:15 pm

How are you both doing? Did you survive Passover? Is it getting warm there? What do you do about opening windows with the bakery below? I think I have the Dermatitis Herpetiformis, but will start another thread on it.
Back to top Go down
HadassahSukkot

HadassahSukkot

PostSubject: Re: Update from Dr -- Baby and me are juuuust fine!   Update from Dr -- Baby and me are juuuust fine! EmptyWed Apr 30, 2008 12:52 am

well...

Passover went over rather uneventfully.. We had made matzah twice but other than that really laid low on bread product. We mainly had rice and rice noodles.

Tonight we'll break our leaven fast I think -- we hadn't brought anything back from the inlaws that was in their cellar yet.

I had my dr appt last night and am just 'done in' for now. I'm apparently anemic at this point and have to suppliment with iron. I wish he'd called to let me know as soon as he had the results on my lab work last week -- because I knew something was up but couldn't pinpoint what it was exactly and I've been kicking my own rear since last night on it. My nails have been brittle and I asked about that since I take two prenatals, two magnesium (RDA is one, but I need two for both of us to 'function') and one folic acid a day... not to mention drinking milk and eating lots of fruit and veggies. The tinnitis in my ears has been worse since saturday but I figured that between us having a rain front coming in and me being tired, it just added up.

DOH! I checked this morning and it is tied to B12 deficiency, zinc and iron being low... and I've been craving iron rich foods but hadn't done a whole heap to get into it (mainly because the stuff I was thinking of has leavening in it .... like oatmeal cookies with raisins or blackstrap molasses cookies). also we haven't had tuna or salmon in the last week and a half and I think that has played into it some too.

The baby has not dropped into my pelvis yet, so that is another concern the doctor raised... but he is otherwise growing and fine. I broke down and just had a good cry a little bit ago as I woke up around 230am unable to sleep and my arms were itching. I fell asleep in a ribbed maternity shirt (baaaaad idea) and could not stop itching. Then I was 'up' and unable to sleep.. so I read the news and poked around some online. I talked to my mom between bathroom runs (I swear I am in there as much as the bed these days! Shocked ) about an hour ago

The baby hadn't let me rest too much yesterday at all, he kept pressing on my ribs either in the front or back, and I am just so sore and so tired... and I guess with the stress of it all, I am just 'done' for today. I won't go to class but I will get my homework and find out what we covered and just do it at home. Thankfully this part of the orientation course is German history and politics that I have already covered in my own independent and homeschool studies, so the only "issue" is putting down my answers in German. LOL (I didn't have to do that in school!) I know I can't miss class other than this one day since we only have 3 weeks left and a lot hinges on my going for us to be able to stay without trouble... so as long as I can keep up, I'll keep going.

Today will just have to count as a bum day. No

My mom arrives May 14th, so DH is running around finally getting nesty on his own and wanting to get the guest room/baby room in order and his boxes unpacked. That's a definite plus....
Back to top Go down
HadassahSukkot

HadassahSukkot

PostSubject: Re: Update from Dr -- Baby and me are juuuust fine!   Update from Dr -- Baby and me are juuuust fine! EmptyWed Apr 30, 2008 12:55 am

oh yeah, and yes... it has finally started getting warm. Mornings are starting out in the 50 degrees and working upwards to 70s and 80s during the day -- unless we have rain.

We have been able to open the windows except when folks are smoking outside, and thankfully the last delivery the bakery had of flour by pump was about 2 weeks ago (when it was raining... LOL!) so no issues on that front thankfully.

Now if they can just keep our hallway from getting dirty (someone's been tracking in dirt and it's driving me batty since I just cleaned the shared hallway on friday last week and again on sunday afternoon)... I'll be super happy.
Back to top Go down
Bete'avon!
Admin
Bete'avon!

PostSubject: Re: Update from Dr -- Baby and me are juuuust fine!   Update from Dr -- Baby and me are juuuust fine! EmptyThu May 01, 2008 4:33 am

I'm sorry to hear your down, you need some of my chopped liver! affraid Very Happy

I am glad to hear you haven't been too itchy, and are getting some fresh air. I've been wondering how mom can leave with Dad so bad? How long will she stay to help you? Will you have problems with the in-laws? is this the first you'll see her since leaving last year? So many questions, and you still in school, when do you graduate? I can see you all in from the change of unleavened, doing celiac cooking is enough of a bother. I didn't mess too much, I made another batch of the oat matzah.

You want to hear something funny? I used that one recipe on the French bread mix by gluten free bakery to make some matzos, actually I used it all and made three batches, it was ok, only ate a few and it was put out for the Seder. the rest I put in a basket and had inadvertently placed that on a sofa table, behind our sofa that divides the living room from the dining room. My little Jazzy, when I went to the store tonight, with still some of her dinner in her bowl ( she usually saves some to eat after daddy comes home) got into it, the basket on the floor and the zip bag on the sofa with half of it eaten! I think she thinks they are special gf doggie biscuits so I accommodated her and put the remaining into her biscuit canister! lol!
Back to top Go down
HadassahSukkot

HadassahSukkot

PostSubject: Re: Update from Dr -- Baby and me are juuuust fine!   Update from Dr -- Baby and me are juuuust fine! EmptyThu May 01, 2008 2:26 pm

LOL! That is great! Very Happy

Mom has been prepping meals ahead and putting them in the large chest freezer in our basement back home, and my granny and sister will be looking after him while she is gone. She'll be here 6 weeks, so hopefuly our little one will come when he is supposed to. Suspect

Thankfully my inlaws and my parents are completely peachy with each other, and MIL is actually glad someone will be at home with me in case I need anything while DH is at work. My classes end on May 14th, and then I have two tests -- June 5th and 6th. I am really praying I do well. I missed a super important day of class so when we had our practice test last week I totally messed that part up. I don't know how much of that was that I wasn't feeling well, the baby had his feet in my ribcage and I was uncomfortable and how much was that I just hadn't covered that part... No Oh well. I'm not too worried, and I was given a hint on two websites to go and be studying on, so I shouldn't do too badly.

This will be the first time I've seen any of my relatives from the US since June.. isn't that funny to say? LOL! I talk to her almost every day online, but it just isn't the same typing and posting back and forth on a forum with her than actually being there.

That is so cute about Jazzy getting into the unleavened bread. I can see it too!

Ours was always in something if she thought it was for her / she deserved some also. I got where I shared just a little of everything I had with her so she could decide if she really was missing out or not. She was such a card.
Back to top Go down
Bete'avon!
Admin
Bete'avon!

PostSubject: Re: Update from Dr -- Baby and me are juuuust fine!   Update from Dr -- Baby and me are juuuust fine! EmptyThu May 01, 2008 3:30 pm

Wonderful! I am so glad she will be with you for that long! What is your expected dd again? My memory is so slipping lately! I can't stand myself, i think millions of brain cells die on me by the minute and I never did drugs! hair raising scare Duh!
Back to top Go down
HadassahSukkot

HadassahSukkot

PostSubject: Re: Update from Dr -- Baby and me are juuuust fine!   Update from Dr -- Baby and me are juuuust fine! EmptyMon May 05, 2008 9:19 am

We're due around May 25th/26th.. or atleast that's what the dr said. LOL!

Here's my latest update:

well, our little booger was so active this weekend it almost was not funny.

Saturday evening I could not sleep whatsoever. I kept having that funky "I can't breathe" feeling I had written about a few months back about, and I got so frustrated I looked it up online. I know it wasn't my lungs (though he had been putting feet under those), and it was too low to be my adenoids or tonsils or anything.. it was my thyroid that was swelling and making me have a panic attack and feel like I couldn't get air.

So I thought "oh great, now what??" and looked up the symptoms of hyper and hypo thyroid problems since both run in the family. Thank G-d I see the dr (at least in passing) today, and we have another CTG for the baby... so I will talk to him since he did put me on iron last week saying my levels were "too low" and the like......

I have other issues that go hand in hand and it just made me really sick with myself I hadn't noticed it before Saturday when I'd been having problems for a month and it was being written off (self, nurse-MIL and OB) as "normal" pregnancy complaints -- well yeah, sure -- UNLESS you have an auto-immune problem already.

So long story short -- couldn't breathe, so stayed up and poked around online, read email and news and played games quietly on the laptop while DH alternately sawed logs like a master lumberjack and would look over and say "Do you know what time it is?!?! Sleep!!"

When I'd feel good enough to lean back on the pillow to try and sleep, the baby would get super active, and it (looking at my belly) was like watching the aftermath of children jumping on a waterbed... To say I was super sore at 6am on Sunday is almost the understatement of the century.

I'd wait it out, and talk to him and pat my belly, and then someone decided around 2 or 3am that it was a great time for him to come ride his dirt bike up and down our street 4 times. I thought if I heard him go past one more time, I'd find one of my potted plants and toss the thing down on his head... Razz:

I finally slept in around 6 and got about 4 hours in before the partying started next door (We live next to the Catholic Community Center in our town) as many children were having their first Communion yesterday... so I hear Tubas and Trumpets playing a hymn I'm supposed to know and all I could think was 'oh no, not again! I juuuuuuuust fell asleep!'

Thankfully it didn't wake me all the way and I somehow was able to ignore the rest of it.

Yesterday I stayed in bed other than around 5 or so I made myself get up and move around some (I vaccuumed) and then I came back to bed and waited for my DH to come back from his parents, we made & ate dinner and I decided to see if we could play some computer games together before I tried again to sleep.

We both popped off around midnight I think, and the baby got super active again like he was the night before. I just tried my best to ignore what I could and sleep anyway. Once I conked out, I was totally out. I woke up and my back (ribs mostly) felt like I'd been punched all night long... I was just about in tears when DH came to check on me at almost 6am to ask if I was for sure going to class.

When I sat up I realized "something is different this morning..." -- the baby has moved down! he is stretching out as far as he can, but he is so much lower now... I still feel feet between my ribs, but not like before... and I can't seem to find where he's placed his head, but I know it's low... Last night before I slept it was down towards my left side and low -- but no indication he was going to actually "engage"... So apparently last night he decided to listen to us and that being cramped up like he was just wasn't worth that much anymore and he punched his way down low.

He hasn't been super active since I woke up, but he has let me know I haven't gotten off easy just yet... DH told him this morning he's forbidden from coming earlier than the 15th (mom comes the 14th and we have a wedding to go to and be witnesses at this Saturday) and I have told him he's forbidden from coming earlier than his due date. :lol

We'll see if he listens...
Back to top Go down
HadassahSukkot

HadassahSukkot

PostSubject: Re: Update from Dr -- Baby and me are juuuust fine!   Update from Dr -- Baby and me are juuuust fine! EmptyMon May 05, 2008 1:19 pm

ok got back from the OB appt... we're checking my thyroid, and the baby did move down, but is not engaged yet. (the little stinker!!)

So, now ya'll know how to pray... engage, thyroid to even out (yes, I will be eating appropriately and am taking my vitamins and suppliments!) and that I feel....rested. Smile
Back to top Go down
Bete'avon!
Admin
Bete'avon!

PostSubject: Re: Update from Dr -- Baby and me are juuuust fine!   Update from Dr -- Baby and me are juuuust fine! EmptyMon May 05, 2008 6:50 pm

lOL, when do children ever listen? Laughing

I'm sorry you have been through the mill, at least you aren't this big through summer, I remember how that was and moved to a new town 100 miles away from any family and living in a motel room with no phone! because our apartment that we moved up to to be closer to hubbys work wasn't finished as promised! It sure was scary those weeks when I knew if I had a problem while he was at work I would have to make my way outside and down the walk to the pay phone! You got pregnant at the right time, the early months in the hot of summer and being the biggest just before summer starts.

I don't know why I forgot when you were due, it;s so near my husbands birthday, may 24th.and my step daughters may 19th. Hope momma gets there in time! My mother wouldn't even come up to visit me until the next weekend, and her first grand child ( and only) while his parents came that night, drove all the way up and this was their 20th grandchild! So be especially thankful to mom for coming all the way to Germany and staying 6 weeks, and give her lots of hugs! . My mother only stayed about 3 hours!
Back to top Go down
Bete'avon!
Admin
Bete'avon!

PostSubject: Re: Update from Dr -- Baby and me are juuuust fine!   Update from Dr -- Baby and me are juuuust fine! EmptyMon May 05, 2008 6:53 pm

HadassahSukkot wrote:
ok got back from the OB appt... we're checking my thyroid, and the baby did move down, but is not engaged yet. (the little stinker!!)

So, now ya'll know how to pray... engage, thyroid to even out (yes, I will be eating appropriately and am taking my vitamins and suppliments!) and that I feel....rested. Smile

Sorry about you post, I mistakenly hit edit instead of quote I am outside and it is very breezy and sun in my eyes a bit!

Anyway,I didn't see this when I logged in Suspect

But Will do!Smile
Back to top Go down
HadassahSukkot

HadassahSukkot

PostSubject: Re: Update from Dr -- Baby and me are juuuust fine!   Update from Dr -- Baby and me are juuuust fine! EmptyTue May 06, 2008 9:37 am

Smile
Thanks!

I was talking with my MIL and she said her parents went on vacation to Yugoslavia when my DH was born. She had him in the same week I currently am in, they said "Oh you have time, so we'll be back in 2 weeks...!" and she said not one day after they left she went into labor... talk about timing!! Shocked

Of course when they heard what had happened, they came back as soon as they could afford to.. (remember: 1980 --- so I'm sure it was a pain in the neck to just get clearance to go visit family there by car and come back)

I can't imagine!!

I know my grandparents were there when I was born (either before or after) -- they flew from SC to HI to be with my mom since dad was so low on the military totem pole and always having to work... and that dad was out to sea when my brother was born, so mom just had my grandparents (grandma watched me, and I think my grandfather and granny went to the army hospital with mom) to lean on.. my sister, I think all the grandparents came up to visit and be with us for that. I just remember asking an awful lot when mommy was coming home. lol! (I was maybe 4 1/2?)

I think my inlaws are getting excited actually -- my FIL comes back from Greece this week sometime (Thursday?), will do some more renovating in DH's old room and Saturday we have the wedding to go to that either FIL or MIL will drive us to and get us from -- Sunday and Monday are holidays here so we'll likely be over at their place or cleaning over here (and unpacking boxes if DH isn't done yet) ... and wednesday mom is here.

She cracked me up, about the time she was telling me about her adventures in packing -- my sister comes online and said "you won't believe this.. she's trying to pack some of your things and stuff for the baby and she had no room for ANY of her clothes in the suitcases!!" -- and mom says "I don't know what to do.. I can't pack everything..!" Rolling Eyes Laughing I told her "I Said you can mail a biiiiig giant box to us out of the $$ I have on my account -- just get you here with the clothes you need... What will you do if you run out while you're here?? Razz " lol!
Back to top Go down
Bete'avon!
Admin
Bete'avon!

PostSubject: Re: Update from Dr -- Baby and me are juuuust fine!   Update from Dr -- Baby and me are juuuust fine! EmptyTue May 06, 2008 3:54 pm

Oh my! that's funny! How much stuff does she have for you? Shocked

You know I was just watching the weather channel and saw that the 19th will be the full moon. Many things get contrary then, you think?

Also I remember that it would also be the second Passover then too, so that would be interesting, Wink
Back to top Go down
Bete'avon!
Admin
Bete'avon!

PostSubject: Re: Update from Dr -- Baby and me are juuuust fine!   Update from Dr -- Baby and me are juuuust fine! EmptyThu May 29, 2008 4:12 pm

So what's happening? did the Dr miscount?

Praying for you :hug:
Back to top Go down
HadassahSukkot

HadassahSukkot

PostSubject: Re: Update from Dr -- Baby and me are juuuust fine!   Update from Dr -- Baby and me are juuuust fine! EmptyMon Jun 09, 2008 9:04 am

Between me & the doc, we didn't miscount... Jonathan just wanted to be a week late... which I guess is understandable considering I was 2 weeks late in arriving myself, and DH was 3 weeks early... Wink

So, we had a birthday June 1st and my FIL had his birthday on the 4th (my Sister's anniversary incidentally) and we were home in time for Shabbat. Smile
We're having a lazy day today and not doing heaps of anything. I'm just trying to ensure he gets his days and nights right and feeding correct, and we'll sort out the rest later Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Update from Dr -- Baby and me are juuuust fine!   Update from Dr -- Baby and me are juuuust fine! Empty

Back to top Go down

Update from Dr -- Baby and me are juuuust fine!
Page 1 of 1