A Very Peculiar People

Community for those living Kosher, Organic and Gluten-Free Lives!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Ways to use True Lemon True Orange and True Lime

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bete'avon!
Admin

Number of posts : 578
How long since diagnosed? : 4 years misdiagnosed 15 years
Vegitarian : Partial
Registration date : 2007-10-02

PostSubject: Ways to use True Lemon True Orange and True Lime   Thu May 01, 2008 5:28 pm

This is an off shoot of [url=True Lemon Orange and Lime - Review]this thread [/url] Please read it so you know what we are talking about.Smile

I am going to just post some ideas off the top of my head and later make more detailed recipes. I am putting this in the vegetarian section because it is vegetarian by itself, but I may include some recipes with meat so Veggies , beware! affraid Very Happy

so , let's see

I love green beans with a splash of lemon, but it seems to turn the beautiful fresh bright green a dark color. I will try sprinkling this on and see what happens, or perhaps mixing with butter first and then top the beans with it.

Hollandaise sauce, I posted a recipe around here somewhere and think this could be used in substitution for a fresh lemon

Plain yogurt, or homemade, I like Stoneybrook, it's kosher, and has live enzymes,and bactierium and is organic. something hard to find. Also hard to find is the flavored kind usually I can get the large plain kind that comes in a quart size I think it is. so now to this plain you can flavor it with lemon or lime or orange or all three!

How about sprinkling on ice cream, a vanilla of course that is GF, to make it a bit more refreshing for spring or summer time? I used to get this kind by a dairy I can't remember, it was called Lemon chiffon and it was so good, if you love Italian ice then you would have liked this, I think it may have been Sealtest, not sure. But thing is you don't always want a whole half gallon of lemon ice cream in your freezer, so this way you can have it when you want or just vanilla!

As I come up with more ideas I will post them!

Enjoy!

Bete` Avon!

Please register and join us, it will only take a minute! We are here to help each other, so please join and share your experiences with CD, your tips, troubles, recipes, and sources. We are a peculiar minority but we need to ban together!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://verypeculiarpeople.forumotion.com

Ways to use True Lemon True Orange and True Lime
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1